Improper past decisions

Edited

Alyssa's departure was organised by everyone but Alyssa, who sat in a daze for hours and when it was time to leave,  moved as though a marionette. Rosalie didn't have much to say to Alyssa, she wished her a speedy recovery and speedy return. Honey hesitated whether she should hug her sister, but her emotions overcame her actions and she went in for the embrace. Alyssa stood rigid, she had no anger towards Honey but the public affection made her uncomfortable. She was too close to the edge of emotions and when those emotions spilt there would be no end.

"That will do," she said forcing a lack of emotions,

"I only want the best for you sister," Honey whispered ignoring Alyssa's reaction since she understood her sister's personality, "I will write to you often and if you ever want me to visit you, I will come."

Alyssa would greatly appreciate it if Honey offered to accompany her, they had always been together in presence even if they often didn't share many words or emotions. The lack of communication that had developed in their relationship meant that Honey didn't know if she should ask if she could come with her. She knew she'd miss her reconnection with James but James would find a way to be near her.

"Try not to miss me much," Alyssa said instead, it was an attempt at humour but it sounded stoic. James and Blake stood in front of their cousin and tried to find the correct words for the situation,

"Time will fly by, I am sure, Scotland is known for their hospitality and who knows maybe you will see my friend Nessie," James smiled, Alyssa raised an eyebrow at the golden boy,

"I think you forget why I am leaving,"

"We shall see you very soon," Blake said, Alyssa looked up at him, and downturned grimace,

"I won't forget your involvement in this, Blake"

"I can only hope that you won't when you are cured," Blake stated. James hugged and kissed Alyssa's forehead.

Sir Michael stood by the door of the carriage and helped his daughter in before entering after her and sitting in front of his daughter.

"I searched for the best solutions, Alyssa. I spent the whole night attempting to find the most convenient solution for all of us involved. I do not want you so far away, but I failed and this was the finest option."

"Then let me stay, then father," Alyssa said softly, it was her last attempt.

"I want to, more than anything, but this isn't about what I want, my daughter, it's about you, what you need to heal." Sir Michael took his daughter's cheeks in his hands and kissed them, "I love you." He hadn't said those words to Alyssa in a while, because of the defences she had built around her. He decided that it was time to break those defences and allow himself in.

Alyssa couldn't find the strength to respond to those words, she just shrugged away the tears that she felt welling and hugged her father quickly. It was a fleeting moment but it sent a sense of relief that Sir Michael was taking the right course of action.

Lady Kate did not come down to say goodbye to her daughter, they had said their final words in the library that morning. She was also afraid that she would lose her resolve in sending her daughter away and that Alyssa's words would sway her, instead she placed a letter in the bag that Alyssa would have access to during her travel. From her bedroom window, Lady Kate observed as her husband stepped out the carriage a face of confusion.

Lord Ethan had pulled his horse up to a halt near the carriage, descended, bowed to her husband and went to shake hands with Blake who now stood in the entrance court with her daughter, ward and her younger nephew. There were short words shared and a brotherly hug. He moved to bow to Honey, kissed Rosalie's hands and laughed at something she said. He went back to the carriage, peaked his head into the carriage to carry a message to Alyssa, then remounted his horse. The duo commenced on their four-day journey. The waves from Honey did not cease till the carriage was out of view. From her birds-eye view of observation, Lady Kate did not hear her husband come into the room,