Chapter 7

Dear Mum and Dad,

Day 92 : Christmas Cheer

          Ho ho ho ! Christmas is coming up ! I can't wait to spend it with you guys ! I have a stack of presents ready to give you guys ! God I love christmas ! But you guys already know this normally. In the town I'm in now, they go really big for christmas ! There's trees everywhere, and the brightest christmas lights you could think of. There was a carousel for the kids, and there was hot wine stands, candy stands with too much choice. It was just cold enough to have to wear a coat when we went. It was amazing, nearly like those cliche christmas films. You guys should have seen it, it was amazing. You would have loved it, besides I miss discovering things like that with you guys. I just miss you. I hope you don't miss me too much, after all, it has been over a month since I've been at home.

          It feels like longer than a month. The weeks have really blurred together. It doesn't feel as special as it used to. Before, it was all "Look I'm going to university ! bla bla growing up ! bla bla responsibility !" But now, it's just like my old school. The same routine of get up, get dressed, go to school, come back to my place, and don't forget to feed yourself ! I just... I wanted to get out of that routine. Though I don't like to much change, I need it to be different each day to be able to focus on what I want. 

          Wipe that last part, it doesn't have anything to do with christmas, which was the actual purpose of this letter. I'm going up to the christmas village to meet Santa Claus with my friends and going ice skating to. First time for everything right ?

          There's also something else I need to tell you. There's a guy, that I've been talking to. He's really nice, and we have gotten really close over the last couple of months. He lives just next door to me, and he's helped me with the work that I struggle with and I've helped him. I hope you get to meet him soon.

          I just re-read the last part, and it may have came out wrong. I can understand where there could be a misunderstanding. He's just a guy from my class, he's a friend, and I can see mum just wanting to tease me about this next time I see you guys. He's JUST a friend, nothing more. Don't go assuming anything. I know what you guys are like. When you get a hold of some "juicy information", as mum calls it, there is just no stoping your imaginations !

          Anyway, enough chit-chat, I'll see you guys for christmas ! Lots of love, bye bye !

Love,

          Amelia.