CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE.

"We can order soup. Something brothy for you," Jimin cooes, as if talking to a baby, and as much as Jungkook is infuriated by the dilemma, he can't deny the fact that the other man looks absolutely adorable like that.

"No need," Jungkook counters with a hand up, straightening his back. He takes a deep breath and takes a big mouthful before Jimin can stop him. Jimin watches in horror as the officer's face starts flaring up little by little. Even from where he's sitting, he can see water rising in the other man's eyes as Jungkook's brows start furrowing together.

Jimin opens his mouth to ask if the man needs water when Jungkook stands up abruptly from the table. The flimsy plastic chair he's been sitting on goes flying down, creating a loud click-clack as it bounces across the concrete beneath it. Jimin gasps in horror when Jungkook grabs a cup of water from the next table (which is currently occupied with a half-drunk couple), and chugs it before taking the second cup as well. Jungkook bellows out a noise that must belong to a wild animal (probably carnivorous).

"Holy. Fucking. Shit!" Jungkook screams out, paying absolutely no attention to all the eyes on him. The couple besides them are looking in a cocktail of shock, fear, disbelief and a little sprinkle of amusement, while the group of businessmen behind them all stare with the glasses of soju in their hands forgotten. The middle-aged woman who had served them only a moment ago is standing with her hands on her hips, her face clearly stating "not this shit again."

"Fuck! Why does that exist!" the officer continues to roar out, now doing a tour around the tent taking people's water, juice and basically anything that doesn't include alcohol. None of the occupants try to stop the bulldozing man on fire and instead all watch in mild fascination. Jimin, on one hand, gets up in a state of panic and asks the owner for a pitcher of water, which she pulls out with a roll of her eyes. He rushes over to the officer and frantically taps the man on the shoulder to get his attention.

Jungkook turns around after downing a poor woman's water and quickly takes the pitcher out of the smaller man's hands before chugging it until water's dribbling down his chin. At this point in time, he doesn't give a shit that he's in the presence of the man of his dream, because his mouth feels like Satan's asshole and his lips have clearly been roasting on Hell's fire (like the kind found in the deeper part of Hell).

The truth is, Jungkook is complete shit with spicy food. The one time his fellow officers made him do the spicy noodle challenge, he broke a station monitor while running around like a headless chicken demanding liquid. Jackson had been a complete asshole and denied the poor soul anything until Jungkook literally began rolling on the floor with tears in his eyes. Hongbin, of course, has the whole thing on his phone. Since that day on, Jungkook's stayed clear of anything level of capsacin that exceeds that of standard kimchi.

Yet, he couldn't stop himself from taking that bite because Jimin. That's why. He didn't want to be that guy who can't even handle heat from food off the streets. He's supposed to be strong and manly, but right now, it's extremely difficult to keep his rationality in tact right now when he's probably burned off all his taste buds.

"Are you....OK?" Jimin asks carefully when he sees that Jungkook's managed to somewhat calm down. Now he's feeling extremely guilty that he's egged the other man on. He had sort of expected the officer to be bad with spicy food, but he hadn't anticipated such an explosion.

"Oh shit...oh shit..." Jungkook says, bending over with his hands pressed against knees. Yeah, he can finally breathe properly again and be aware of his surroundings. And as he looks around slowly, he's seeing the mess he's made and wow, his life is ruined.