CHAPTER NINETEEN.

"...And?"

"And what?"

"That's it? You guys held hands? That's what you call getting some action?"

"Hey, fuck you too, holding hands means a lot."

"What are you, 12?"

"Both of you, shut the fuck up," Yoongi growls from his office, having had it with the pointless conversation. He glances at his partner, who looks scandalized that Hongbin would belittle his holding hands with Jimin in such a way, and Hongbin looks utterly disgusted at the other officer. God, why was he assigned to this particular station?

Just then Namjoon walks in through the door, looking to be dealing with a huge headache. They were notified of an emergency meeting the man was dragged to at the Seoul police HQ in Jongro, and Officer Min was in charge of making sure that the station doesn't go up in flames.

"Hey cap, you alright? What was the meeting about?" Jungkook asks, studying the other man's features.

"Same old increased gang activity briefing. We need to be on a better lookout, and they're suspecting that we will be dealing with more crimes soon," Namjoon replies, wondering why they even bother holding those meetings when it always ends up with the higher ups saying the same shit over and over again without coming up with any solutions.

"Cap," Hongbin begins after a moment of silence. "If I told you I got some action over the weekend, what do you expect?"

"Why are you asking me this."

"Can you please just answer?"

"I dunno, sex?"

"Right?" Hongbin says, perking up while pointing vaguely towards Jungkook. Jungkook makes a face. "See?"

"I...don't want to know what this is about," Namjoon says gruffly before pinching the bridge of his nose and heading towards his office. He's had a long day. In fact, he's had a long weekend, and he just wants this Monday to be over ASAP.

"Hey, what happened to the fairy tale man?" Jungkook asks Yoongi once Namjoon is safely back in his office and Hongbin is off to bother his own partner.

"The what?"

"You know, the bad luck man."

Yoongi sighs, wondering why in hell he thought it was a good idea to tell Jungkook anything about Hoseok in the first place. Now the nosy bastard will be asking for updates constantly.

"What about him?"

"Why do I always have to pry so much to get information out of you. God, you're a pain. Nevermind, so did he get into any other unfortunate situations or not?"

Yoongi contemplates lying, because maybe that'll put a stop to Jungkook, but he decides against it. That's not going to stop Jeon Jungkook. It's only going to get Jungkook more curious.

"He did. He lost his wallet and his stove broke, so he had to use my kitchen to cook."

"Wait what? You guys are that close!? How come I've never heard about him till now?" Jungkook asks with narrowed eyes, looking every bit offended that he wouldn't know about this particular aspect of his partner's life, and Yoongi finds the entire situation ironically hilarious, because no one knows anything about his life other than his occupation.