CHAPTER ELEVEN.

Yoongi knows that he was bound to see Hoseok sooner or later, considering they live on the same floor. However, he was not expecting the said man to literally crash into him on his way back home after doing some shopping that needed to be done after work. It was already quite dark out, so Yoongi immediately got ready to tackle whoever just violently "pushed" him. However, he was lucky enough to see that it's his neighbor before things got physical, and before he could say something, he was stopped by Jung Hoseok's frantic voice.

"O-Officer Min? Th-thank God," Hoseok says in panic, his fingers shaking as they hold onto the cop's sleeves. "So-someone's chasing me, h-help," the man manages to continue as soon as he regains some semblance of control. Yoongi immediately tenses at the words and look at the direction Hoseok had come from and saw a man standing still in the middle of the street watching them.

"Is that the guy?" Yoongi asks gruffly, pointing at the stranger with his chin. Hoseok dares a glance and then nods furiously, hiding behind the cop. "Wait here," he says and begins making his way towards the suspect, but the man bolts. Yoongi's about to chase after him but is stopped by Hoseok's strong grip on his shirt.

"D-don't leave me!" Hoseok whisper screams, and Yoongi scowls.

"I need to catch that guy," Yoongi grits through his teeth. He can't have a weirdo like that running around free in the city.

"C-can you wa-walk me home..." Hoseok says pitifully, his shoulders tense and his eyes darting around nervously. Yoongi sighs and nods his head yes, despite how every fiber of his being wants to catch the asshole and drag him back to the station. He gets it. Being chased by a stranger isn't exactly something people can brush off easily.

The two walk in silence, Hoseok still holding onto the fabric of Yoongi's shirt. The officer wants to tell the grown ass man to let go, but he leaves him be for the time being. The two arrive at the apartment, and Yoongi stands impatiently in front of Hoseok's apartment door, waiting for his neighbor to go inside. Hoseok smiles sheepishly and thanks the officer again as he opens the door. Yoongi's about to turn on his heel and go to his beloved couch when Hoseok shrieks (yes actually shrieks), raising all of the hair on Yoongi's back.

"What the fuck?" Yoongi hisses out scathingly, not appreciating the piercing noise. He peeks into the apartment and sees Hoseok standing in the doorway, staring at the apartment that is clearly in a state of mess. Yoongi's not sure what the deal is, but then he notices the broken lamp and shattered TV, and he immediately knows what this is.

Yoongi pulls out his phone and dials Seungcheol's number to report a case of robbery, as Hoseok slumps onto the floor besides him. The night-shift officer states that he will be right over, and Yoogi shoves his phone back into his pocket.

"Hey, you alright?" Yoongi asks, eventhough he knows it's a bit of a dumb question. Afterall, not many people are on board with the idea of their houses being robbed.

"Not again..." Hoseok breathes out, and Yoongi frowns at the words. He remembers hearing something similar with the attempted rape, and now he's trying to piece everything together with not much success.

"Hey, snap out of," Yoongi says, noticing the faraway look in the other man's eyes. Hoseok turns his head slowly and looks at the cop, the corners of his lips drawn downward and his shoulders dropped in defeat. "The cops will be here any minute. In the meanwhile, don't touch anything."

Hoseok only nods and stares at his ruined apartment. He had just finished unpacking everything and arranging his belongings nicely, and now it was in ruins on the floor. He continues to mope silently (or he's stunned into silence, Yoongi's not sure), until Seungcheol and Jeonghan appear.