CHAPTER TWELVE.

"A kiss."

"Yeah....no one knows why this curse even exists in this family, and to be honest, it's impossible to date people with my kind of luck. I tried, but it's difficult to persuade people to stay when you put their lives in danger too..."

"Well, your dad found someone. I'm sure you can find someone too."

"Thanks...I'm counting on it," Hoseok answers with a weak smile.

"So do you want the bed or the couch?"

"The couch is fine. Thank you. For letting me stay and I guess...for listening to my story."

"...Sure. I'll just get you a spare blanket."

-

Jungkook has a mission. A goal he needs to work towards.

He needs to win the heart of one Mr. Adorable, and while the date might have gone well, he knows that this is just the beginning.

He strolls into the convenience store like always, making sure his uniform in on point, because he's read somewhere that no one can resist hot men in uniform. Hot man, check. Uniform, check and check. Jimin is putting packets of gummy bears away when the officer enters, and the cashier turns around with a smile of recognition.

"Hello officer," he greets in his normal gentle tone. "Oh, I should've texted you or something earlier, but our shipment for the riceballs didn't come in today and-"

"That's fine. I came to see you anyway," Jungkook says, remembering that confidence is key and you just gotta let them know you're interested. Jeon Jungkook is above all that beating around the bush. He's a real man's man and the days of "stalking" the cashier is behind him.

"Umm..." Jimin falters and stares, his eyes wide open and a packet of gummy worms hanging mid-air. "Were you....were you serious about that being an actual date?"

"Yup."

"...You know I'm a guy, right?"

"Yup."

"Okay...umm..."

"So next date?"

"I'm sorry I'm not gay...?"

"Hey, don't sweat over the details. Don't worry about it," Jungkook says almost flippantly as he stands next to Jimin and helps the smaller man put the bag away. Jimin watches with his mouth open, as Jungkook hums a little tune to himself in the process.

"I can't tell if you're being serious or not," Jimin says timidly, finally managing to snap out of it and start putting things away as well.

"Dead serious. Serious as a...what was it?"

"...heartattack?" Jimin supplies hopefully, grabbing another bag from the box besides him.

"Yeah. Serious as a heartattack."

"That's...pretty serious."

"Exactly. Well if you can't pick what to do for our next date, I think we should go watch a movie together," Jungkook continues, going through the list of typical dating activities he got from Sungjae. "I know you can't watch scary ones, so I'll pick something else."