::Jesus Drank Wine::

{°Edited°}                ::Ace's POV::

    {°Edited°}
                ::Ace's POV::

Alex and I pull up to my mom's drive way. Hopefully, it won't be like the last time I came here. The last thing I need is for Alex to know my mom is hooking up with Mr. Hellfire. She would never let me live it down, knowing how much he gets under my skin.
The weather is already starting to get colder, making me thankful of the fact I wear so many layers. I never wear tight clothing, or anything that shows too much skin; however, Lucifer's words on how angelic and innocent I look kept repeating in my head like a broken CD and it's kind of making me question the way I dress. Maybe I could dress more my age and less like a forty five year old soccer mom on a Sunday.
"Ms. Starling!" Alex says in a singsong voice. When they're around each other they turn into better friends than Alex ad I are. They're exactly alike in more ways than I wish, now they're attraction for our professor is something they can bond over as well.
"You two look beautiful as always," my mom says as she walks out of the kitchen to her and I, setting her wash cloth down on the dinning table. "Your father should be here soon." My eyes nearly pop out of my head.
"M-my what? I didn't know he was coming," I said. Did she not hear a word I said the other night when she mentioned him? Why wouldn't she tell me this?
"I told Alex to tell you," she says, looking nervous. "I guess now wouldn't be the best time to say that Lucifer will be joining us as well."
"He's what?" I ask, choking on my own spit. I thought what happened with them was a one time thing. He doesn't look the type to want a settling down relationship. And I told him to stay away from her; thinking he would was only hopeful.
"Tonight's just full of surprises."
×××××××

"When were you going to tell me about Momma Rose and Mr. Hellfire being a thing?" Alex says, shutting the door to my old bedroom. The walls are still painted a light pink and mint green, I've always been very girly. I never felt the need to change the colors or feel of the room growing up, it gave me a sense of comfort that it never changed.
"Cause I didn't know it was thing," I say, sitting down in my old rocking chair. I remember being very very young and sitting on my dad's lap while my mom would lay on her stomach on my bed reading to me. The next morning I would wake up and wonder how I got under the covers. Never would I have thought that one day my dad would leave and just never come back when I woke up.
"She made it seem like you knew," Alex argues. She knows I don't lie, especially to her. There's no use in even bending the truth when it comes to her, she'll find out and the one thing she doesn't tolerate is liars.
"No, I knew they hooked up and I didn't tell you about that, because I knew you would freak and ask questions I don't have answers for." Her arms hang at her sides, her eyes trailing to my closet. Her eyes nearly pop out of her head.
"Don't mean to change the subject, but what do we have here?" She asks, walking over and grabbing a old shirt of my mom's she hung up. It's white, this fabric with a dotted design. It's very flowy and tight at the waist. It's modest, but also flirty. "You are so wearing this."
"Hah, no I'm not," I say, pushing it back with my hand. She slaps it to my chest, turning around. No use in arguing with her either. I strip off my sweater, T-shirt, and then tank top to.out on the blouse. It fits me better than it ever did my mom and I like how it flatters my body. My plain jeans hug my small hips, but the shirt does show that I do have boobs under the layers because of the stitch work underneath.
"Oh I'd so smash you," Alex says once she turns around and examines me. "You seriously need to show your body off more. Just look at you."
"I'm looking," I say, staring at myself in my old dresser mirror. I don't have a bad body, it's average, but my last with Justin made me despise it. I can only hope and pray that that will change eventually.
The door closing down stairs gives Alex and I our signal to go back downstairs. I find myself hoping it's just Lucfier and not my dad; never did I think I would want the devil knocking on my door.
We slowly walk down the stairs, my flats almost falling off a few times. Four people stand in a square in the door way. Alex takes my hand and gives it a comforting squeeze. My mom, Mr. Hellfire, and...my dad, and his wife.
"Is that my shirt?" Is the first thing my mom says. I look down at myself, then back at my father and step mom. I feel eyes raking down my body, but I pay it no mind.
"Aceldama, you look so beautiful and grown," he says, stepping closer to me. Alex glares, making him stop.
"That's what happens when you miss your child growing up," I snap. He looks down, obviously feeling ashamed and I don't feel guilty for making him feel that way.
"Caroline, can you please help me in the kitchen? Calum, you too; let her process this," my mom says, her hand on Lucifer's arm. "I'll be right back," she tells him. He nods once at her before leading the man I know but don't and his wife to the kitchen she made sure was more spotless than usual.
"I didn't know you two were lovers, how nice," Mr. Hellfire says, gesturing to Alex and mines hands. We let go and step off the stairs finally.
"We're not, we're both straight," I say. I don't know why I feel the need to explain that to him.
"Actually, I swing both ways," Alex says. He smiles at her.
"You get lucky with both genders I assume with that smile," he says. She blushes, biting her lip and tucking a piece of her short hair behind her ear.
"If you excuse me, I have to use the restroom," she says politely and turns back around, winking and rushing up the stairs. My eyes lock with Lucifer's.
"You aren't dressed as normal," he says, his brows knit together. "Alex made me wear it," I say. "It's my mom's, not mine." He nods, walking closer. I've learned to grow comfortable with the close proximity.
"It looks beautiful on you," he compliments. Now it's my cheeks that flare. "You somehow still look angelic." Why does he sound so suspicious when he says that?
"T-thank you, Lucifer."
×××××××

"What's your major?" Caroline asks me. I've stayed quite most if the dinner, not wanting to talk to my dad. He doesn't deserve to know anything about me. The least he could have done already is explain why he left and why now he decides to return.
"English, I want to be a writer," I tell her. She nods, pleased and surprised with my answer. The wine is now really working it's way through my system now, wow. I feel so light. "So, do you have any kids?" I ask.
"Yes, two actually. One, Samuel, is just two years younger than you, and your father and I have our own, Conner, who is ten," she answers.
"Hm, did you leave your first born?" I ask. My mom nearly spits out her wine. I glance up to see Lucifer grinning at me, wanting me the continue. At least he understands. "I mean, you two must have something in common and so far you sound so much better than him. Did you leave your son like he left me and started a new family?"
"N-no," she says, looking at me with sympathy. "Your father really does love you, it may not-"
"If that's how he feels, he can speak for himself," I say, snapping my head in his direction. I wish Alex would have stayed, she wouldn't of let me drink.
"She's telling the truth, I really do love you," my dad says, finally speaking for himself. "Me leaving had nothing to do with you or your mother, just me. I'm sure you remember my alcoholism; I needed to get that fixed for myself. I-"
"You really are a selfish bastard aren't you?" A British voice says from front of me. Lucifer andu dad glare at each other, his more confused. "You keep saying 'I I I', what about her and your ex-wife? Why did your need to fix your drinking for yourself and not them? Why couldn't you just stay here and get the help, while having your families support?"
My dad tries saying something, but fails. Lucifer quickly places his hand on and off mine and gives me a soft smile. "I need to be excused," he says, getting up and walking out of the dinning room. Caroline soon follows him, leaving only the three of us.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" My mom snaps at me. If I wasn't drunk, I would be hurt she's upset with me for this. "You humiliated yourself and me."
"In her defense, he was being a dick," Lucifer says. She sighs, not wanting to show him her bad side yet.
"I'm going to start cleaning the kitchen. You go sober up," she says, standing and striding into the kitchen. Whenever he's around she adds an extra sway to her hips in each step. It's nausiating. I stand up, almost falling.
×××××××
::Lucifer's POV::

I stand up and steady Ace, my hands gently gripping her waist. I hadn't noticed how much she drank. "I'm sorry for your father." She scuffs, rolling her eyes.
"He's an asshole," she says, shocking me with her language. First the shirt, now her cussing, too much change in one day for me. "You really are as handsome as everyone says you are. Maybe I should take you up on that offer you made in class to fu-"
"You are drunk," I state, amused by this side of her. She finally looks so calm and carefree. "Angel's don't consume alcohol."
"Jesus drank wine."
"For dad's sake, it was grape juice," I say, groaning. She giggles, leaning on me.
"You smell so good," she says, her hands gripping my suit. I start leading her towards the stairs, taking one of her hands.
"It's my natural scent, perks of being an angel in some way still," I say. She giggles again, hugging onto me. Any other time, I would love this.
"T-that one," she says, lazily pointing to the door at the end of the hall. I help her over and open the door. Her room is how I expected, innocent and girly. She flops onto her bed, closing her eyes. "Mr. Hellfire?"
"Yes, Angel?"
"Why do you call me that? It's a strange nickname and weird coming from someone who talks about the devil in first person." I sit down on the edge, studying her.
"I'm genuinely convinced that's what you are. That my father sent you down to me, to try and change me." She sits up, a confused look on her face.
"And is that plan working?" She asks.
"It's confusing me."

AN: I don't know what's wrong with me and these long chapters 😂. I really hope you guys liked it.
Question: What do you think about how the dinner went? Do you think she's an angel?
Please check out my other stories, comments, vote, and share! Believe in yourself -Vaeh