19

Allura comes home, arms full of bags of groceries. She drops them at the sight of the border collie, eyes widening as tears form in them.

"R-Romelle?"

"Yes?" She pokes her head out from the kitchen.

"Is this Bandor?"

"Ah- n-no, but I needed a companion and he reminded me so much of Bandor."

Allura swallows hard, swallowing down the pesky tears that had formed in her eyes. She picks the bags of groceries back up and carries them into the kitchen. She unloads them and puts them in their respective places. Afterwards she pulls Romelle into her arms and places a kiss on her forehead.

"Hey Allura." Pidge smiles.

"Katie, hello."

"Ah- it's Pidge now.."

"Oh, sorry dear. What are you doing here?"

"Matt is visiting Shiro." 

"Will he be visiting us? I'm sure we have plenty of food for the two of you."

"Uhm, I think he is. I'm not sure though." Pidge smiles.

"Alright. Where's Keith?"

"Right here." Keith says as he walks into the kitchen, holding Lance's hand."

"Oh! Don't sneak up on me like that, Keith." Allura places her hand over her quickly beating heart, taking a deep breath.

"Sorry." Keith laughs.

"You're getting along..?"

"We're dating." Lance smiles.

"Oh."

"Is there something wrong with that?" Keith asks, eyebrows raised.

"No, no. It's just- you know that isn't allowed, correct?"

"We know." Lance sighs.

"Just be careful, please?" Allura smiles.

"We will." Keith mutters.

When dinner is over Lance and Keith retreat to Lance's room, Pidge taking Keith's for the night. 

"I always forget about this collar.. Is it uncomfortable?" 

"No, I rarely feel it."

"How? That thing is leather, leather is heavy as hell sometimes." Keith laughs, running his fingers over it.

"I dunno, used to it I guess." Lance shrugs.

"Does it come off?" Keith tilts his head.

"Mhm, I usually take it off at night and when I take showers. I like leaving it on though.. Reminds me of you. Not that I could forget you or anything!"

"That's sweet." Keith smiles, tugging the collar forward lightly. Using it as leverage to kiss Lance, soft and slow.

Lance melts into it and kisses back, hands awkward as he finds a place to rest them. Keith smiles as he deepens the kiss, adding tongue into it. Lance willingly lets him, hands more grabby as the kiss grows more hungry. Keith pulls away, cheeks flushed.

They both sit up, Lance situating himself in Keith's lap. Keith tugs Lance down by the collar, smashing his lips against the latter's. Lance rolls his hips as they kiss, teeth nipping at Keith's bottom lip. Lance wasn't very experienced, so enjoyed the way Keith was sure of himself. Enjoyed the way Keith took control of everything. 

He enjoyed the rough leather gloves against his bare skin, enjoyed the heavy petting. He enjoyed the heavy pants coming from Keith's mouth as they bonded in a much deeper way. Lance was enjoying everything Keith had done thus far, the way his fingers curl around his hips. The way he checked in every now and then, the way his lips moved along his collarbones.

"Keith~" Lance lets out, low and soft. 

"Shh, we'll get caught." Keith chuckles softly, tucking his head in the crook of Lance's neck. 

"I-I can't.."

"Come on.." Keith whispers, biting down on his bottom lip so he doesn't make any noise.

Lance nearly loses his composure as he comes undone, Keith unravels at the same time. Their breathing heavy as they separate from each other. Keith lays next to Lance and smiles, tossing the trash into Lance's bin. Pulling the brunette into his arms, sharing little whispers of appreciation.

"Goodnight." Lance smiles.

"Goodnight, love." Keith smiles back.

Pidge glares at them in the morning. Heavy eyebags underneath her eyes, a mug of coffee in her hands. Romelle is making breakfast, that dog at her feet. Keith didn't understand how she could basically replace Bandor. He was her brother, her familiar, you don't get more than one. (Well unless you have 2 brothers) But Bandor is one of a kind, and there is no replacing that bond.

Keith and Lance get put on shop duty, the two of them flirting through the mass of customers. A certain white haired male pulling the two out of their asses.

"Hello." Lotor smiles.

"Hi, what can I get you?" Lance smiles, everything in him is screaming at him to protect Keith. Everything is telling him this is wrong. 

"Just browsing your lovely shop.." Lotor hums as he leaves the counter, walking off to the shelves.

The smoke is seen before the fire, Lance's eyes nearly bug out of his head as the flames lick at the walls of the shop. Panic sets in his stomach, Keith was in the back so he was safe. Lance rushes towards the back and bursts into the office.

"Hey.. what's wrong?" Keith asks.

"Out, we gotta get out." Lance pants, grabbing Keith from the chair.

The flames have already reached them, Lance whimpers. This is where it would end. He spots the window, slipping his sweater off in order to wrap it around his hand so he can bust it out. Keith is frozen as the smoke slips under the door.

"KEITH!" Lance shouts, the roar of the flames is so loud. He could feel Keith's fear as he grabs him.

"C'mon we gotta get out." Lance mutters, helping Keith up. He gets out after Keith, the flames licking at his back, the hairs burning away, skin boiling. 

"Lance!" Keith shouts when he spots the large burnt area on Lance's back. 

"I-I'm fine, call the fire department." Lance wheezes, crawling away from the burning building, Keith following.

They're given oxygen masks and Lance is rushed to the hospital for his burns. Keith felt guilty, it all reminded him of his father. The smell of burnt hair and flesh. He was the cause of this, he couldn't keep anyone safe.