17

"Y-you're using Lotor as a distraction from me..?" Lance's eyebrows furrow.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I haven't stopped thinking about that night when we sang together." Keith mutters.

"W-what about it?"

"That it felt right. It felt like we- bonded?"

"O-oh."

"And its like everytime I let you in its so warm- its so comforting. It feels so right and I wish I didn't have so many damn walls up. I wish i could trust you.. I want to trust you." Keith mutters, eyebrows drawn up.

"Let me help you." Lance mumbles, opening his mind to Keith. Opening the darkest parts to the ravenette. Letting Keith see all the flaws to him.

Keith is immediately overwhelmed, shaking slightly as he searches through the memories. Eyes opening as soon as he sees blood pouring down Lance's arms. He pushes the memories away, shaking.

"Lance..." He could feel how scared Lance was, how relaxed, how much pain he was in to even attempt something like that.

"I don't need your pity, Keith. I need your trust. So come on, trust me." Lance whispers.

"C-could- let me see your arms." Keith mutters.

"Why?" Lance's eyebrows furrow.

"Please let me.."

Lance sighs, pulling the sleeves of his jacket up. He wasn't ashamed of his scars, he was just afraid. Nobody had seen them in so long.

Keith looks at the two jagged scars. The skin raised and a bit paler than Lance's natural tone. He grabs one of his arms, pulling it up.

"Keith what are you-"

Keith presses a kiss to the start of the scar, then up. He does the same to the other, letting Lance's arms fall after.

"Please don't do that again... I don't want to lose you, Lance." Keith whimpers.

"O-oh.." Lance's eyes water.

"Promise me."

"I can't."

"Please, Lance."

"I can't promise you. My actions aren't predictable, Keith. I can't choose this, I get so out of my head and I just act. So I can't promise you."

"Then try...for me."

"I'll try, but there's no guarantee."

"Okay." Keith whispers, he sits back on his bed. Relaxing, he opens his mind for Lance. Nothing hidden, no walls for anything to hide behind.

No chained fence with barbed wire. Completely open, thoughts and memories whirling around. Lance breathes and closes his eyes.

Taking in everything, seeing the fire, that woman over the crib, but now with a face. He sees the orphanage where other kids hit him and tease him. Which seemed a little weird to Lance, they all had dead parents so shouldn't they be nicer to each other?

He sees that memory of Romelle talking to him about witches. He sees the first time Bandor transforms for Keith. Everything was amazing, some memories warm and inviting and the other cold and depressing. A lot were cold, but the good ones made Lance smile and realize how much good and bad was in Keith's life.

Lance sees Keith's first time, which happened to be with a dude named James. Lance couldn't imagine having to say the name James during sex, moving on... He sees Keith's first memory of him. It was warm with some undertones of fright in it.