2

Keith could tell by the first week he was going to hate Lance in the long run. He was just so pompous, a pompous jerk. He pranced around like he owned the place and it pissed him off.

"Keith, focus." Allura scolds him.

"Sorry! Lance is thinking shit at me and its just- urgh- its distracting as hell." Keith groans, shaking his head.

"Block him."

"I don't know how."

Allura groans, rubbing her face.

"Maybe you paid attention while we were going over familiars many units ago you would know how."

"Sorry."

"Its fine. Just- work on those incantations right there." Allura points to a section before she gets up from the table.

"Where are you going?"

"I've got to work on something." Allura mutters, heading back to her office.

A sloppy kiss runs up Keith's leg.

"Bandor! That's disgusting!" Keith laughs, patting the border collie.

It then transforms to a boy, reddish brown scraggy hair sits upon his head. Piercing blue eyes, a small smile.

"Can I study with you?" Bandor asks.

"Of course you can." Keith smiles, Bandor was the youngest in the house. Around 15, Keith was next he was 18 and Lance was 19. Allura and Romelle being in their late 20s.

Keith sits there with Bandor, listing the incantations and what they're used with. Naming the ingredients used with them.

If you think about it witchcraft was kind of like cooking. If you didnt follow the recipe correctly you'd fail with the incantation. Messing up resulted in pain most of the time.

"What's this one?" Bandor points to one on one of the back pages of the book made from old parchment. It had been passed down for generations in Allura's family.

"Those are Necromancer's spells. We don't use them. You know Adam and Shiro?"

"Of course."

"Well Adam is a Necromancer. You do know what that is right?"

"They dabble with the dead."

"Yes, good. We don't tread on that path in the woods. We work more with medicines and healing."

"Oh. Is Necromancy bad?"

"Of course not. It can be used for a lot of things. Adam is a very skilled necromancer and it takes a lot of blood letting for him to do his work so he needs foods that are rich in iron like fish."

"Ew, I don't think I could live off fish." Bandor makes a face.

"Yeah, me either." Keith smiles.

"You're good with kids?" Lance scoffs from behind him, messy hair like he had just woken.

"You're supposed to be helping me, asshole. What did you just wake up from a fucking cat nap?"

"Uh- if I did?"

"God you're fucking useless!" Keith growls.

Lance scoffs, playing like that didn't hurt him.

"I'm useless? You can't even remember three lousy incantations!"

"You try to remember them along with the ingredients and what its used for!" Keith shouts, anger all over his face, he gets up so fast the chair clatters to the floor.