-Part 15-

"The same Vince who tried to kill me, us, every day?"

I feel my heartbeat getting quicker and quicker as I think of something to say, I can't just lie to him, he'll see right through that. No, I have to tell him the truth.

"Okay, I have no idea what your thinking right now but I can tell you the only reason why I have his number is that he got in contact with me, he called me first. Okay?" I say in a poor attempt to get myself out of the clear. "I don't want to be talking to him he just keeps texting me-"

"He'd stop if you didn't reply." Phil cut me off.

"When I do it's a very quick response because I don't want to be talking to him."

"Then why are you?! He's the guy who beats the shit out of us if we come too close to him. Since you don't want to talk to him you can just stop talking to him."

"I want to but I can't, if I did-" I pause thinking of an excuse why I could stop rather then I'm going on dates with him because If I don't he'll continue to beat the shit out of us. "If I did, the bullying would get worse and I-I can't stand seeing you in pain."

We're both silent for a minute. I try to find his eyes, just to get a glimpse of what he's feeling and thinking, but he's looking down at his hands.

I put my fingers under his chin and slowly lift his head up, "Phil, you don't know how much I loathe going out with him but it is to keep you safe. I care about you too much to see you get hurt."

I look into his eyes and I see a flash of joy go across his eyes. But then it quickly goes and is replaced with confusion. "Wait, 'going out with him' what the hell does that mean are you hanging out with him and his homophobe friends?" I can tell Phil is getting more and more frustrated, I knew it would be bad when he found out. Would it really be that bad if I told him I'm going on dates with him only to protect him from more harm? No, the real question is am I willing to tell him after we've just shared our first kiss after wanting to for nearly the last few months now.

Oh well, here goes. "I mean, he takes me on dates in exchange for your protection. Phil, you have to believe me the only reason I go with him is because I love you too much and it kills me to see you being punched and kicked into a pulp. I hate going with him or talking to him or even interacting with him other wise."

I can tell Phil is processing what I said cause he stays silent for a while. He seemed to be scanning my face as if to see that I'm lying, which I'm not.

"Y-you love me?" Phil whispers like he's scared to even ask.

"Of course I do, Phil, I have for a while now." I just look at him as his face lights up like a Christmas tree. In less then a half a second he pounces on me, hugging me and whispering how much it means to him that I love him, then he goes silent but doesn't let go of me.

"Dan, I love you too. I have since we first met in the woods and I asked about your drawings, I love you so much." He basically whispers in my ear. I can feel my heart beat faster and faster, I know that if I tried to say anything that it wouldn't even form a coherent sentence so I just hug him tighter then I already was and we just sit there for a while just hugging.

Then Phil pulls away.

"Dan, you have to stop doing this to Vince. Letting him take you on dates, all it's going to do is hurt him and as much as I want to see him hurt it's still the right thing to do."

"But if I do, I don't know what he will do to you. Or himself. "

"Dan."

Ping!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hah hah hah whoops. That took wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to long to get out.
Honestly guys I'm really sorry for anyone who actually likes this shitty story. I just haven't had the time nor motivation to write anything. From the last time I put out a chapter I was drowned in school work then committed to doing 2 musicals at the exact same time, got a job, my school shut down so I was desperately applying to other schools before the summer was over and school started up again, I had so much shit on my plate that I didn't have time to read, let alone write a full chapter. I am so sorry this is I short but this is honestly the best I can come up with. I will try to finish out this book soon so that anyone who actually likes this book can feel content.

Anyway, you all are amazing and I thank you for being as patient as you could be, even if you forgot about this book.

Goodbye my sweets! :9