-Part 11-

Dan's POV:

    7:00 said my phone then I heard someone knock on the door. I really didn't want to go on this "date". One reason is that Vince is a jerk who has beaten up my best friend for forever and two I have no interest in him at all. I'm only doing this to protect Phil, He's my main concern right now not me. I care about him and to see him in pain like this hurts me.

    "Dan, there's someone here for you!" I hear my mum yell. "Okay, just a minute." Throwing on an okay looking shirt, it's black and looks like a bandana but I like it. I walk downstairs to find a slightly dressed up Vince, and by slightly I mean a button down and nice looking slacks and holding a single tulip in his hand with the other resting down by his side. You've got to admit he looks kinda hot, no wonder he has all the girls and maybe some guys fawning over him. Me not included of course. 

   "Hi Dan, I got this for you. I didn't know what type of flowers you like so I got this one because it reminded me of you." He said smiling from ear to ear while holding out the tulip. My mum winked and walked back into the living room. I walked up and grabbed the tulip from his hand mumbling thanks and gesturing for him to come in. I walk into the kitchen and place the delicate flower in a vase with some water. "Look, Dan, I understand why you don't want to go on this date with me but I want to prove to you that I can be nice."

   "Look I'm doing this for Phil so can we just get through this." That came out harsher than it should have. Vince's smile faded a bit but he walked me out to his car and let me in.

~~~timeskipcauseimlazy~~~

    After the movie, we drove home and he walked me up to the door. I could tell he wanted to kiss me but I was not going to let that happen so I said bye and went inside. "So.... how was it?" mum asked when she heard the door close.

    "It was fine. I'm just going to go to bed now so goodnight."

    I walk into my bedroom already tired from the "date" and the walk upstairs and flop onto my bed lazily taking off my shirt and jeans and attempting to throw them in the hamper next to the closet but missing. I hear my phone start going off to the familiar sound of Phil's ringtone. I smile and pick up the phone.

    "Hello my fine spork. How are you this evening?" I said in my best interpretation of the queen. I hear laughter on the other line, "Wha-what was that?!" Phil asks between fits of laughter. "That was the queen, could you not hear it."I said in the queen's voice again, "That's horrible.You've ought to do it like this." Bursting into laughter we continue a conversation about the most random things. That's what I love about our friendship we can talk and talk and talk, starting the conversation sounding like the queen and ending it with what a cat would look like with tentacles for legs. It's truly beautiful. "We should probably go to bed now its one in the morning." 

    "But you're much more interesting than sleep." He said a slight hint of whinyness in his voice, "I know you are too but we have to go to sleep. Good night Phil I'll see you in the morning. Love y- I mean good night." I waited for a good night and hung up. God, I'm an idiot. I just need sleep.

  GRAPHIC CONTENT BEYOND THIS POINT SKIP TO THE END IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS

    "Hello?" I heard something but I can't see who or what it is.