Chapter 7

The next morning Kagome and I woke up early to head into what they call "Inuyasha's forest" to find the dry well. Where we came from. How we can get back home. So we walked into the forest and soon we came across the well.
"There, that's the well we came out of," she spoke aloud causing me to raise a brow.
"I know Kagome," I replied flatly. We both turned on our heels at the sound of shouting from behind us.

3 men surrounded us. One grabbing Kagome and covering her mouth and the 2 others grabbing me and covering mine. We both struggled and screamed to be released but it wasn't to any use. We rode horseback to what looked to be an abandoned home. Both Kagome and I were slammed to the floor once we entered. I could see more men surrounding us now.

"Ow!" we both continuously complained as they held our arms behind us and pushed down on our heads.
"Hey, boss! We caught the girl and the demon just like you said we should." one of the men spoke up.
"Watch it! I'll show you a demon if you keep yapping your mouth!" I called out with narrowed eyes.
"Ha ha ha! Their kimonos are shorter than mine! You're gonna catch a cold if you dress like that." another spoke as he knelt next to Kagome. Soon after he said those words he grabbed the hem of her skirt yanking it back and forth causing Kagome to yelp.

"H-hey stop it!" I yelled out at him. These men are so much stronger than us. I'm sorry Kagome I can't help you I thought as I closed my eyes and looked away in shame. She stood up quickly, "Don't do that! It'll rip!" I squint my eyes closed even more at her words. She's making it worse!
"What's the matter, princess? Our hands too dirty for you?" one of the men commented while another chimed in something about marriage. Someone help.

"Hand over the jewel, right now." a deep voice boomed causing my eyes to open and for me to look around only to see a giant man in the shadows. He stood up walking towards her laughing. Quickly getting to my own feet I moved to stand semi in front of her. He glared at me slightly as he reached for his sword. My eyes widened and my throat went dry. We're gonna die. Some of the men pushed me out of the way and gripped Kagome by her arms.

"Hey, boss try taking it off in one swing. Like a dandelion." one of them challenged. Disgusting low life. I glared at said man but did nothing. What can I do? I'm not strong or brave. I wish we never came here. The "boss" raised his sword making Kagome struggle against the men. When the boss brought down his sword though it took us all by shock. Instead of hitting Kagome, he hit one of his men.

"Whoopsy." the big man chuckled out before swinging his sword multiple times. All of the men and Kagome running away each time. Until I caught his eye. My eyes widened as I stumbled to my feet barely dodging the swing of his sword. I made my way to Kagome and the other men only the have the boss follow me. He swung again and we all ducked.
"Boss! Boss! Where you aiming!? THEY are who you want!" one of them shouts as he pushes me and Kagome towards him.

"Wait! Wait! Can't you tell there's something wrong with your boss?-" Kagome shouts at them while turning around slapping their arms off of us, "-now get your butts in gear or next it'll be you two. Do I have to tell you everything!?" she finished as she points at them. Kagome...you're so brave. My envy didn't last long as heavy footsteps could be heard from behind us. We narrowly dodged the attack that was sent at us. We all scattered around dodging to the best of our abilities. Kagome helped one of the men that had something land on him.

We all cautiously moved away. The man rushed at us and so we ran causing him to stumble into the wall. Before I knew it Kagome was taking off the jewel.
"What are you doing!?" I frantically asked her.
"I have to get rid of it if we are going to make it out of here!" she replied getting ready to throw it.
"Give it to me! I'll distract him long enough for everyone to get out." I blurted without realizing. Why can't I just keep my mouth shut?
"You can't-" she began
"We don't have time to argue I'll be fine!" I yelled at her without meaning to.