Chapter 6

With the new information given to me, I didn't sleep a wink. My inner thoughts plagued my mind. Could I have been a demon this whole time? Why is my power dormant? Why did only my eyes stay the same after the brief change? When will my power come out? These thoughts repeated over and over through the night until the sun rose.

The villagers began to wake up and start their day of repairing the damage done by the centipede. Hammers could be heard and the bustling noise of the village talk about the night before. The night where a lot has changed for me. Who would know anything about me? About what's inside me? Then it clicked. The demon boy...Inuyasha.

Beginning my look for the silvered-haired angry boy I began to run into a lot of the villagers. Most giving me nasty or fearful looks while others avoided looking at me at all. All of them avoided my path. Sighing I ran my hand through my hair while I treaded up a hill to sit underneath a tree. I've been exploring the village for a few hours and weirdly I don't even feel tired. Guess it's not weird considering the newfound information that plagues my mind.

"I understand why they are afraid of me but it's not like I've given them a reason to be actually afraid. It's not like I'm a demon. At least for now." I muttered to myself.
"How dense are you?!" a rough voice sounded from above me making me jump to my feet being ready to fight. Relaxing only once I saw who it was.

"Inuyasha how long have you been there for?!"
"Long enough to hear your moping. Look they aren't ever gonna truly accept you not after what they saw last night. I don't even know what the hell you are all I know is you ain't human!" he shouted at me. I looked away from him sadness filling my heart.
"Other than what you saw how do you know I'm not human? Maybe it was just an illusion or something..." I knew it wasn't true. I felt the change myself.

"Pft. You reek of the smell of demon. Not to mention your aura is massive in strength. The jewel doesn't cause illusions stupid. It makes demons stronger." he informed. Stronger? Is that why whatever I am that's dormant came out? Because it made whatever it is stronger? Wait stronger?
"Inuyasha is that why you want the jewel? To be stronger? I heard the villagers whispering about you being a half-demon. Can the jewel make you fully demon?" I threw my questions at him.
"Of course it is! And that's why the jewel will be mine!" he boasted while turning his back to me.

I sat down once again as our silence filled the air as more thoughts plagued my mind.
"Say, Inuyasha?"
"What do you want?" he responded with annoyance. I rolled my eyes at his rudeness and continued with my thought, "How would one release their dormant power?" after I finished my question there was a long pause of silence.
"My guess is a true life or death situation. Where you know no one can save you and you're truly about to die," he acknowledged quietly. A life or death situation. Hope that never comes.

Leaning my head back against the tree I noticed a small object flying through the air only for Inuyasha to catch the object with his hand behind his back. Looking over to where the object came from I see Kagome.
"Hey don't you both want to eat?" she shouted for both of us to hear.
"Where did you get all that stuff from?" we questioned her at the same time.
"The villagers gave it to me. Why don't you come down from there to help me and Mitsuki eat it?" she replied.

The villagers gave her goodies while I got glares. Awesome. A pit of jealousy rose into my stomach.
Not soon after she replied she sat beside me while Inuyasha joined us and sat on her other side. The entire time we ate all he did was stare at her. Made me feel uncomfortable.
"Whatever you're up to I ain't buying it," he spoke in caution causing me to raise a brow in his direction.
"Buying what?" I countered with amusement.

This guy sure is suspicious of everything.
"Listen, it's fair to say you don't like me, right?" Kagome spoke up.
"Wayyyyy more than fair," he conceded. Oh no. He's just adding gas to the fire.
"Whatever. It's not even me you dislike. It's this Kikyo person." she added emphasis on the "me".  At the end of her sentence, he hopped back up into the tree.

"I'm not Kikyo ok? I'm Kagome! Can't we just call a truce, " she reasoned. I stayed munching just enjoying the drama between the two.
"HA! I knew it! What you don't get is that I'm only after the jewel! You're just trying to lure me into a false sense of security!" he began to accuse.
"Damn. Whoever this Kikyo girl is she must've really hurt you." I concluded to myself.
"Shut up! You don't know anything!" he yelled at me. So I was right. I cracked a small smile.

"Oh really? That's funny considering all I have to do to make you obey is say the word 'sit.'"  Kagome taunted not realizing what she did. Just as the word left her mouth he plunged to the ground from the tree face first causing me to burst into laughter. Kagome gave me a surprised look which made my laughter die down and I was soon silent looking away. Turning to the boy she quickly apologized.
"Oh man," he muttered as he pulled up his face from the ground.

That's how the rest of the day went. Them having a small argument, Kagome getting smug and giving him the command that caused him only pain. Every now and then I would pick at his brain for information until nighttime fell.

Kagome and I laid next to each other whispering about how long we've been here. It's been 2 days already. While she talked about how her family must be so worried jealousy took place in my heart again. I knew my mother didn't care. She probably isn't even home. Kagome closed her eyes and fell fast asleep cuddled underneath her blanket while I turned over to look outside.

"I wonder if she even knows I went missing?" I muttered as I closed my own eyes. Exhaustion taking over my body from the long night of no sleep and the long day I've had. Soon with exhaustion came sleep and I welcomed it with open arms hoping to see her again.