Chapter 30

A/n
The long wait has come to an end! I'm so sorry for not updating I had tons of personal issues that came up from losing my home to family members being in and out of hospitals and even losing someone very close to me. On top of that I might have covidbut, I am back now and ready to write again! Chapters will come out slowly but soon I should be on schedule again! Love you all and I hope you're all enjoying the story!

I slept for maybe an hour before I packed a small bag of food and water that Kaede helped me put together. Kaede managed to find me a new sword and a few throwing knives for my journey along with something new to wear. Over time I've become very fond of the old women. She takes care of me in every way that I never had growing up. It was new and I definitely don't hate it. I think it's something I've hoped and wished for, for a very long time without knowing it.

I headed out the door to find Kagome and our other friends to bid them farewell and safe travels but really I think it was an excuse to see if they would try and stop me or support me.
"Too late to turn back now" I muttered as I saw them all at the edge of the village.
"Mitsuki!" Kagome shouted while waving me over. This girl is so full of joy and optimism all the time and I can't bring myself to understand why.

"About time you've woken up we were just getting ready to come to wake you- why does it look like you're leaving?" she stopped in her original tracks as she finally looked at me. I just stared long and hard portraying her words that I'm leaving.
"You are leaving aren't you?" she replied to her own question. Sadness laced her voice and it managed to make my heart twinge.
"I have to. I need information on myself. Your duty here is to get the jewel shards. Mine is to find out where my origins come from and then well...go from there." I responded hoping she would understand.

"Can't you stay until at least until Inuyasha has recovered?" her hopeful question almost made me say yes but I had to stand firm on this and with that, I shook my head no.
"This is something I need to do. You know that. At least deep down you do. Give my regards to Inuyasha for me?" I replied as I walked past her.

"Lady Mitsuki! You'll come back right?! You have to come back!" Shippo's voice made me stop in my tracks. He sounded on the verge of tears. I turned on my heel and knelt to the floor opening my arms out wide. He ran full speed and smashed himself into my embrace.
"Of course Shippo. This isn't a goodbye. This is a see you another day. I just have some things I need to take care of that could put you all in harm's way. So while I'm away I want you to be a brave fox and keep Kagome safe. Think you could do that for me?" I responded softly while clutching the small child to my chest.

"Mhm. I think I can do that." his muffled voice reached my ears. He was still sad but a sense of comfort found its way to his heart.
"I'll see you another day. Stay safe everyone and don't fight while I'm gone." I finally bid my farewell as I stood up and gave a wave of goodbye and headed off onto my own journey. For real this time.