Chapter 29

By morning I Arrived at Kaede's. I caught Kagome's scent last night heading towards Kaede's village.
"Child! What are ye doing here alone?!" Kaede's voice broke me from my meditation. I read somewhere that mediation can help open and relax the mind. I was hoping to contact my past life but it seems she's not ready to be contacted.
"Have ye been out here all night?!" she worriedly asked.

I laughed slightly shaking my head.
"No, I got here about an hour ago. Just thought I would relax a little so I tried to meditate." I explained. She sighed relaxing a bit.
"Something is on ye mind. Let's take a walk?" she offered. I nodded with a small smile.

We've been walking for about 5 minutes not saying a word. She waited for me to get my mind sorted. Once we entered the field that not too long ago I left from to help Sesshomaru I sighed rubbing my face.
"Kaede something is wrong with me," I stressed. She laughed a little, "Can ye be more specific?"
I sighed deeply before letting it all out.

"Ever since I turned into a demon or whatever I have been experiencing things that I know demons usually experience like how my body won't let me attack Sesshomaru or how every time something super evil is near the air seems to get thicker and if I get close enough to them the air is so thick I can't even breath. I don't know what's wrong with me and I don't know how to fix any of this!" finally ending everything with a yell I was gasping for air. It felt good to get that off my shoulders.

"Child ye must slow down for me to understand!" she laughed heartedly making me release a small chuckle.
"Maybe I went a little overboard," I admitted.
"Ney child I understand. How long have ye been able to feel the air thicken?" she questioned.
"Ever since the Kikyo incident," I replied immediately. She looked deep in thought for a moment before asking, "how long have ye not been able to inflict wounds on Sesshomaru?"
"Since yesterday that I know of. What's wrong with me Kaede?"

"I'm not quite sure, child. Maybe it's time ye search for the village of the fox demon," she concluded. The village of my past lives home. I was supposed to go after I helped Sesshomaru but then things became chaotic and I wasn't able to leave Kagome or Inuyasha. Can I really leave them now? I know Miroku and Shippo are with them but Shippo is only a child. Miroku can handle himself but, I don't know if I could leave all of them quite yet.

"How about we go back and ye think about it over some food." she turned away and began walking back. I watched her walk away with a small smile on my lips.
"You always know just what I need even before I do. Thank you, Kaede." I whispered before following behind her. Over the time that I've been here she's become someone I look up to and someone I'm fond of.

Getting back it was already mid-afternoon so she just cooked up some soup. Sipping down the last drops I leaned back with a sigh.
"Kaede? Do you ever just get tired of everything?" I asked quietly.
"All the time. But then I remember some people need me. That I serve a purpose. Ye were brought here for a reason child. You'll find that purpose soon." she replied. With those words, I smiled lightly. Like always Kaede you always know what I need. I drifted off into a deep sleep with that same small smile on my lips.

A/n
The other 3 chapters that I promised will either be completely uploaded tonight or tomorrow :) again thank you so much for 50k I'm still extremely happy over it. It literally made my week❤️