Chapter 5

"Aren't you supposed to be the hero?!" I squealed. This place and these people are confusing. All we did was get dragged down a stupid well and brought to this strange feudal era of Japan and now this?!

The villager's men started to surround the boy as anxiety built up in me. He's strong how are these men going to take him down?! Oh, I just want to go home already.
"Pay no heed to Inuyasha, child," Kaede spoke to Kagome stepping in front of us both. I looked over at the raven-haired girl as she gazed at the jewel in her palm.

Kagome must be terrified considering she's the one with the jewel everyone is craving. Even I find myself drawn to it..but why?
"I hate having to wait, and I hate the smell of you" the silvered hair boy spoke up cutting off my thoughts. I narrowed my eyes at him. This isn't good.

Just as those thoughts entered my mind the boy- Inuyasha dashed towards Kagome. She turned to run but it was too late as he had his claws out and was already above her.
"Look out!" I warned as my body moved on its own. Crashing into making us skid into the ground we nearly dodged his attack as I saw a few strands of my hair fall in front of my face. Sliced.

"Want me to scratch your back?" he said in a deep menacing tone.
"You tried to hit me just now, didn't you?!" the girl from below me shot up causing me to flop on my back.
"Thanks, Mitsuki. No problem Kagome!" I muttered sarcastically.

The villagers began to shoot their arrows at the boy but they were no use as they broke once he blocked them with his arm. Out of retaliation Inuyasha ran towards the and did 2 quick slices cutting down 2 trees in front of the men. They began to run and scatter away from the trees to avoid being squished under them.

"Huh! Who do you people think I am? You think you can hurt me as I did to the centipede?!" the boy boasted. Although he isn't wrong he's a bit egotistical.
"Lady Kaede, I think mayhap that we might have chanced the centipede." some man spoke to the old woman. I scratched my head trying to wrap my head around what he could have been possibly trying to say.

"Somehow I knew that it would eventually come to this." I watched as she pulled out a beaded necklace from her kimono.
"What the hell is that going to do?" I questioned.
"You'll see child. Come along, we need to catch up to Kagome and Inuyasha." at the mention of Kagome I realized she wasn't here anymore. The idiot took off again. She's going to get herself killed one of these days. Nodding my head the women helped me up. Before we began walking she held her hands in front of her face and the beads began to glow and soon bead by bead it disappeared. 

Heading towards the sounds of the commotion I built up the courage to ask the question that's been burning in my head since Kagome mentioned it.
"Kaede? What's wrong with my eyes? Kagome mentioned it earlier and I want to know." she gave me a side-eye look before focusing her eyes back to our path.
"Ye's eyes changed color child. When you grabbed the jewel many changed happened but when you dropped it they all left except your eyes."

My eyes widened at the new information. As I was going to ask what color they changed to we spotted Kagome. Inuyasha was questioning the beads around his neck.
"Quickly, child! The word of subjugation." Kaede informed her.
"Huh? What word?!" Kagome quizzed.
"It matters not! Your word has the power to hold his spirit," she told the raven-haired girl.

Kagome fell down a small ledge dropping the jewel causing it to roll onto a bridge. A word of subjugation I thought. Inuyasha landed on the bridge.
"A word to hold his spirit? But how will I know which one?!" Kagome questioned what I was thinking. Then it hit me.
"Kagome! His ears!" That was the only thing I managed to get myself to say. She seemed to understand what I meant as the words "sit boy!" left her lips.

The beaded necklace began to glow and then the boy plummeted into the bridge. Her command and his scream began to echo and then disappear. I began to chuckle not believing it actually worked.
"What the heck is this thing!" the boy screamed his complaint as he tried to pull it off being unsuccessful. Kaede stepped forward to stand next to me looking down at the 2.

"I'm sorry, Inuyasha, but even you lack the power to remove it," I smirked at the women's words.
"We'll see about that! I'd come up there and finish you off if you didn't look half dead already." He yelled out causing both Kaede and me to frown. I crossed my arms over my chest, "Kagome, do the thing" I glared down at Inuyasha.
"Sit. Boy." Kagome calmly stated and once again the necklace glowed and he fell into the bridge. Only this time it created a hole and he fell into the water instead.

Lady Kaede and I made our way down to Kagome as she stepped onto the bridge to watch the boy float off.
"Well then, shall we head home?" Kaede offered like nothing unusual happened tonight.
"Pft hell yeah. After tonight I could use 3 years' worth of sleep." I joked.

"That was easy. Wish I'd said it earlier!" Kagome spoke her thoughts.
"Come on Kagome you can sulk and how you didn't say it sooner back at Kaede's." I placed my hand on her shoulder. She whipped around with an annoyed expression, "I'm not sulking!"
"Whatever you say," I replied like it didn't matter.

It wasn't long before Kagome fell asleep while I on the other hand couldn't sleep a wink. Flashes of what happened when I was holding the jewel kept entering my mind anytime I closed my eyes. The pulsing. The pain. The claws. All of it. Sighing I looked down at my hands. I really had claws? I'm not the only one who saw it either. Inuyasha, Kagome, Kaede, and the villagers all saw.

"What's on your mind child that's keeping you awake?" I jumped at the old women's voice. I turned to look at her contemplating what to ask.
"What happened to me? With the jewel?" I asked quietly.
"I'm not sure but I have a few guesses," she replied.
"Tell me? Please? I know I haven't been normal my whole life with my eyes but this is beyond me."
"Well... Your eyes signify demon although you look quite human, at least to the human eye."
"What do you mean by 'at least to the human eye' what does that mean?" I raised my eyebrow in suspicion.

"I believe that you may either be a human that's had ancestors that were demons or you are a demon just that your looks and powers lay dormant. Which if it's true then the jewel brought it out of you which is why your eyes have changed. Whatever is keeping the powers dormant the jewel weakened it." she explained her thoughts. Thinking about my own thoughts I looked back out the door at the moon and stars. They are much prettier here than at home. This whole land is.

"Kaede? What color are they now?" the question that's been eating me away finally left my lips.
"A golden brown...and bright green." as soon as her words left her mouth my heart began to race and my breath caught in my throat as a flash of women with a golden brown eye and a bright emerald green eye passed through my memory. Is she me?