Act 19.9 IRONS OF WRATH

" Put in their hands thy bruising irons of wrath,

That they may crush down with heavy fall'

The usurping helmets of our adversaries."

Williams Shakespeare's Richard III Act V, scene 3, line 110.

(FLASHBACK: TWO WEEKS AGO: TREATY OAK AT BAYLOR AVE BETWEEN 5th AND 6th STREET (One Block West Of Lamar, Austin, Texas))

A bright light materialized and a wooden gallows appeared underneath the famous live oak where Steven F. Austin had signed a treaty for the land that would one day become the City of Austin, Texas. A strangely dressed gentleman dressed in an English British army uniform from the American colonial appeared.

" If that's all we have to show, let us proceed with sentence decreed." he announced.

" I guess, if that's it. If there are no more stories to be told, " a handsome young man with long brunette hair pulled back dressed in colonial era suit replied.

A short man in a black mask and suit stood next to a hangman's noose that was suspended at a level to wrap around the neck. On the other side, the young man lamented his fate as the British officer decreed, " I've enjoyed these little tales you've been telling us of the future, but we can't let the sun set on your day of execution. Nathan Hale, you have been found guilty of crimes against king and country and by the orders of the representative of the crown, I sentence you to death for your acts of espinoge. ".

" We hang spies! "the Hangman shouted as he energetically grabbed the nose.

" This is my fate, Provost! " Nathan nodded his head sadly.

" Carry out the sentence, Hangman!" the British officer noted his words and turned to the short man in black. The Hangman turned to tend to wrapping the noose around Nathan's neck, when suddenly he realized.

" Hey! This isn't the tree! And where's the crowd? And look at all those strange buildings! " he exclaimed and felt baffled.

" Odd, this doesn't appear to be Manhattan Island! " the Provost looked about.

" The monster book is back! " a huge book floated down before them and the Hangman cried. A blonde woman of average build walked out of the book dressed in a catsuit like fighting uniform.

" That's because you aren't on Manhattan Island, but in Austin, Texas in the 21st Century, " she explained and heavily sighed. " You guys are practicing for a stage play! "

" Madame! You are dressed in your breeches! " Provost covered his eyes and got annoyed.

" This is what girls wear in this century. We are expected fight, just like the men in this century, " the woman smiled and explained further,

" Fighting women! The very idea! "

" Mister Hale, my Aunt Peggy always taught me to remember the last words you said, " the woman ignored him and turned to Nathan.