Chapter 12

Thanks to the regular readers. I don't know how to dedicate chapters and I have more than one person to thank so... Thanks to 1dicony AnnoynymousAnn Afsaraexp Tommos_moonlight jumaila786 aiall1d FuriousMustang aditi2307 healing_wildflower arp2930 louistommo1999 @OneDirection1990s for your constant support. Sorry if I left your name but I love you all.

SANTA Trinita was one of the most beautiful churches in Florence. It is far from my home and comparatively smaller than other churches so I decided to come here. There would be less possibility of running into someone familiar.

I had talked to Xavier earlier today and decided to meet here. He was supposed to be here by now. The clock struck eleven forty five-minutes ago.

My mind drifts to the conversation I had with him yesterday. I was on the edge of my seat as I told him about everything I did.

"Hey, we need to talk," I take a deep breath and say into the phone.

"Hey, Jane. Are you ok? What happened, baby?" Xavier asks. The concern, regret and guilt in his voice are clear.

"Yeah, I'm fine but we need to talk," I whisper. Where do I start? Should I get straight to the point?

"Yes, baby." He sounds helpless. I know he was beating himself up for what happened yesterday and maybe he should, but what I did was worse. "Baby, I'm sorry for yesterday, I didn't mean to push you. When I saw you with Liam, I lost it. You are mine, baby, only mine," he says desperately.

"Did you tell Liam, you are going to hurt me if he hits you?" I demand. The words still felt foreign on my tongue. His silence answered everything I wanted to know and nothing I needed to hear. "Did you, Xavier?" I repeat.

"Ok, yes, I did!" He growls. "But you need to listen to me."

"How could you, Xavier?" Tears start streaming down my eyes. The man I loved said, even if it was just for the sake of saying, that he would hurt me.

"Baby, please let me explain. It's not what you think, I just said it because he kept blowing punches at me. I thought if I said that and he cared, I could get a lead. That's why I could get a few punches on him. I was never going to actually follow through with what I said to that asshole. I love you, baby, please," he divulges. I don't feel better about it. From everything he just said, all I catch is that Liam cares for me.

But it is not right of me to judge him for his mistake when I can't even tell him mine. I should; it is now or never. 

"I kissed him," I blurt out. I hear nothing from his end. Maybe he did not hear me. Just when I am about to repeat, I hear something crash on the other side of the line confirming that he did.

"You what?" He growls. Chills run down my spine. I wish I didn't have to admit kissing Liam. But the guilt of keeping him in the dark would have consumed me if I hadn't.

"I kissed him, Xavier. I kissed Liam and then we slept in the same bed." I cry into the phone when I hear another loud crash. "Xavier, please!" I shout to gain his attention. And I do.