Chapter 99

Hey, guys. Before you start reading, I just wanted to tell you all that this chapter is a ROLLERCOASTER. I don't think you guys would have expected it.
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, YOU GUYS.

LIAM walks behind me and starts massaging my shoulders. I back into his bare chest, closing my eyes and feeling relaxed after a very long day. His lips press against my neck, trailing sweet kisses up to my jaw.

The baby cam transmits a loud cry and we turn to see Junior flailing in her bassinet. I groan, putting my face in my hands. I would tune in a lullaby but it only irritates her further. "You take a nap, Jane, I will go entertain her." Liam kisses my head and exits the room.

On the screen, I see Liam taking her from the bassinet and bouncing her in his arms. She stops crying immediately. Liam takes her to the changing table and pulls out an elephant printed, muslin blanket. He folds it into a triangle and cautiously places Junior in the center. Like I had taught him, he swaddles her in the blanket. She barely protests.

Liam takes a seat on the nursing chair and starts humming to her. Her eyelids grow heavier as she is lulled to sleep by the sweet humming of her father.

Like any other father, Liam was too invested in making the nursery for his daughter. He watched tutorials on youtube to set up a perfect nursery. Despite never having to shop before, he went to the stores by himself. I couldn't join him for obvious reasons.

The outcome was amazing, I almost couldn't believe Liam had set it up; it looked so professional. Two walls out of the three were white. The wall behind the bassinet was covered with a light blue cloudy sky wallpaper and the floor to ceiling window was draped with soft pink curtains. The wooden floor was layered with a crepe pink shag rug. Although the room is spacious, Liam opted to keep it less crowded. Besides the bassinet, changing table, nursing chair and the leather pouffe, storage basket and a vintage daybed were the only things in the room.

A stuffed duck mobile hung on the bassinet always kept Junior company. She could stare at it for minutes without blinking. Other miscellaneous things like lots of toys, including my unicorns, pillows and linen throws on the daybed and an embroidered art hot air balloon frame were in the room as well. It was perfect.

But none of it actually matters since Junior sleeps with us. She hates sleeping alone in the nursery. No matter how out she is, she wakes up as soon as we leave the room. Liam thinks it is good that she sleeps with us since she needs to be fed every few hours. I disagree. I tried to get her used to sleeping in the nursery alone but Liam would always end up bringing her to our room.

Maybe it is our fault because when we stayed at Liam's house in Florence, for the first week, there was no extra room and hence, Junior slept with us. She has grown to have someone around her all the time. But now that we are in London, we have a nursery for her.

The door of our room opens and my husband walks in with our daughter. Junior is fast asleep in Liam's arms; a pacifier is tucked between her lips. He walks to my side of the bed and puts Junior in the bassinet similar to the one in the nursery. "Liam," I reprimand him in a hushed voice.

"Well, I don't want her to miss out on the sleep just because you don't want to entertain her tantrums," Liam scoffs, taking her toy from the bed and dropping it beside her. "If they are that." He stares at Junior with a faint smile on his face.

I am ready to leave but I am stalled by Liam gripping my hand. I try to free myself from his hold but I can barely move my wrist. "Liam, let go," I tell him sternly. "You act like I don't care about her, Liam. I birthed her and she means to me just as much as she does to you."