Chapter 95

Hey, guys. Hope you are all well. I have been trying to give you all updates more often so I would appreciate if you all could take a second and vote. Previous chapters as well. Because this book isn't just a time pass to me, it's a shot at what I want to do in future. And for a future, I have to show people around me that I am good at something. It's very personal to me.

I PULL the blanket from the foot of the bed and take it to the living room to cover Liam with it. He looks tranquil despite the size of the sofa. Tucking the blanket around him, I make my way to the kitchen. All of this makes no sense to me. I need time to take it all in, sleep over it and then decide what I want to do.

My stomach grumbles reminding me how hungry I am since my snack break at the jamboree. I prepare myself a cheese grill and brew some tea. I should probably wake Liam up but something tells me, maybe it's his eyes, that he hasn't had a quiet sleep in a long time. Sitting at the island, I sip on the hot tea and munch on my sandwich, wading through the events of today.

Why now? It's been over three months and he decides that he wants me back today? What changed? Is it really what he says it is? Or he wants this just because of the baby? I don't know what it is but it's going to take a lot more than that to achieve my trust back. I still love him but I don't trust him.

I send a quick message to Harry apologising for Liam's behaviours. I am sorry you have to see all that. And I am sorry that Liam tried to hit you. It's just a lot is going on. Trust me I never wanted you to get in between our mess.

His reply comes shortly and it surprises me. Some things never change, do they? You are still defending him. And I got in the middle of your mess the moment I told you I loved you.

He is right, I know he is but for his sake and my mental satisfaction, I lie. I didn't mean it like that. I meant a lot has been going on with me. I am sorry if I upset you, Harry. I will talk to you later. Good night.

He doesn't reply. I knew he wouldn't after what happened today, I don't blame him. I don't know what to think or do right now; my mind is hazy after all of this and I need a clear head to talk to either of them. I just enjoy the alone moment with my food and my baby. That is until I hear a commotion in the living room.

I rush outside to find Louis standing in front of the sofa, his hand gripping Liam's expensive suit collar. I announce my arrival a second too late as Louis pulls his fist back and punches Liam in the face. "Louis!" I shout, rushing towards them. Liam crouches over the sofa and Louis launches at him. "Louis, stop!" I yell again. With all my strength, I pull him off Liam.

I know all well that Liam is capable of defending himself, both by strength and by weight but he wouldn't because he knows what Louis is to me. Tipping Liam's head back, I inspect his face. My face turns angry when I see blood oozing his nose and lips.

"It's okay, I am fine. I probably deserved it." He says as I delicately examine the scrape on his chin. From the hem of the long sleeve of my t-shirt, I wipe the blood off his skin.

"Yeah, you fucking did!" Louis scoffs, charging at him again. I push him back and hold him there, scowling at him. "What? He fucked up, Jane, and he dares to show his face again, after three months! Get out of here. She doesn't need a messed up man like you. You don't deserve her." He yells at Liam, who looks at his lap in shame.

"Louis, please," I whisper to him. His angry eyes soften when they focus on me. "Please, don't do this right now. I am not ready for anything else tonight, my day has already been too eventful." My pleading works and he back off a little.