#38 Request

Request: the reader is a sweet girl who was Ben Solo's best friend, but she promised him she'd follow him no matter what side. When they started dating everything was perfect but then Kylo started getting distant. The reader didn't understand why she blamed herself. But by the end of it Kylo explains that his job kept him busy and she understood. (P.S. he almost forgot her birthday.)

When you first met the dark haired boy he was up in a tree on the tallest branch. You stared up at him in awe of his adventurous abilities. He seemed calm and peaceful basking in the sun that flowed freely from above. From this day you two grew closer and closer and spent as much time as possible with each other. Best friends would be the best way to describe you two or inseparable would be another. Ben protected you from everything not letting any other guy ask you out no matter who they were. Ben would even climb up the tree next to your window knocking on the glass until he woke you. As your eyes flickered open he would show you a flower. Which prompted your sweet smile he admired greatly. It was the reason he went through so much trouble to get one silly flower for the girl he liked and eventually would love.

You swore you'd follow him anywhere, everywhere it didn't matter where you were as long as he was there too.

The day he decided to turn to darkness you followed him blindly because it didn't matter dark or light or neutral all you wanted was him it was always him. Once you two had officially turned to darkness Ben knew you're loyalty lied with him and so the day you two walked into the First Order he asked you to be his girl friend and changed his name to Kylo Ren. You were hesitant at first to not call him by his true name because he had always been your Ben but slowly after all of his arguments you understood that he wanted to move on from his past.

That day was the first night you two spent together in each other's arms. All was good everything was falling into place. Quickly Kylo made his way through the ranks becoming leader of the Knights of Ren and Commander of the First Order. Each of these titles were important to him but the hours of work, determination and training began to add up.

First it was a dinner. He missed dinner on Monday night because he needed to train with Snoke. Which you understood he wouldn't be able to eat with you every night. So you waited for him as he strolled in from training and eventually you two went to sleep. Another week later and he had missed three dinner nights with you. It was upsetting but it was his job. Then in the following weeks this continued but it was practically every night now and he even left earlier in the morning so there were many days when you didn't see him at all.

You began to wonder. Maybe he wasn't training maybe he was with someone else because he had grown sick of you. Maybe he didn't love you anymore and he was waiting for you two grow tired of his terrible schedule so that you would break up with him. Maybe he didn't want to be with you although you promised each other to stay together maybe that didn't really mean anything. Maybe he found someone better someone he loved more than you so he spent nights with them instead.

It was a terrible feeling the possibility that you weren't good enough for him. You were kind and sweet and caring but maybe he didn't want a person like you someone who forgave and constantly was warm hearted towards everyone else. Maybe he wanted someone who got jealous all the time and was rough and liked to train and go to war and fought their own battles for the order because that wasn't you. You had always supported but maybe he didn't need your support anymore.

Another three days had passed you had only seen Kylo once as he walked right past you not even glancing in your direction as he spoke to another official. Walking back to your quarters a cupcake was delivered to you with a candle in it. The card in the bottom read " Happy Birthday Miss! From the kitchen staff," at least they remembered. You sat on the couch as you blew out the candle without even taking a bite of it you fell asleep taking a nap. An hour or so later making it about 11 pm there was a knock on the door. You silently walked over opening it wondering who could be here at this hour. As you opened the door you met familiar eyes.

The eyes of your boyfriend his name being Kylo who stood silently staring at you. He looked worn out and a little upset. But you just looked down at his hands as you saw a bouquet of the same flowers he used to bring you to your window. But they couldn't be the same ones.

You pointed to the flowers looking up at him,
"Are those..."
"Yeah I know there you're favourite." He met you eyes again as your gentile smile graced your lips again.
"I missed that," he confessed as you looked up at him confusingly.
"You're smile I haven't seen it in a while."
" You haven't been around to see it so,"  you said quietly as you took the flowers from his hands
"I've been working a lot the resistance is getting bolder and stronger and the Supreme Leader is growing more and more strict."

You walked towards the kitchen not listening to what he was saying as you grabbed a cup of water and placed them in it staring at them a little longer.

You felt something press against your back as you turned around met by his chest. He took your chin in his thumb and forefinger so that he could look you in the eyes.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly so that only you could hear.

"Do you want to break up," you asked flatly.

"What? No, No no no no I don't want to break up I love you more than anything. You can't leave me," he sounded afraid towards the end.

You looked back down to his chest. As he waited for your response he leaned in and kissed your forehead trying to persuade you to forgive him. He knew you loved when he did that so he let his lips linger on your forehead for another minute. You leaned into his touch placing your cheek on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around you tightly rubbing your back slowly. "Ok," was all that you whispered as he let out a sigh allowing himself to breath again.

"Did I forget to tell you," he said quietly. You pulled back to his words.

He leaned in and kissed you pulling away for just a moment "Happy Birthday Y/N."