#11 Insomnia

Thank you for 1K!

You were tired of the nightmares but you couldn't tell anyone.

With all of the missions you went on it was a constant war scene which you didn't mind because Kylo knew you were someone he could count on to back him up in a situation. But what you didn't tell anyone was that although you were one of the most skilled at combat it had taken a toll on you. You were being drained out of energy as each day passed. you got to a point where sleeping was the one thing you couldn't do. It was to unbearable.

After hundreds of nightmares just one after the other and sometimes multiple times within the same night. Consisting of you being killed, letting people down because you let them die or just losing a war altogether. The endless amount of times you woke up checking yourself for a wound was practically routine. Even if the nightmare didn't involve you getting hit you would still automatically assume you were bleeding from somewhere.

It had gotten to a point where you'd go 2 or 3 days without sleep but this time you ran out of steam and apparently it was noticeable.

You walked out to the main bridge to meet General Hux to hear of your assignments for the day. Approaching him with a yawn he looked at your face and saw the dark circles under your eyes and assumed you had a rough night. He was holding a folder likely to be given to you, and as you reached out to take it he placed it on the table next to him slowly. As he turned his eyes to your face taking in your presence he seemed sincere and almost sorrowful as to how tired you looked

"Y/N are you feeling alright, I can have someone else do this..."

"Hux I'm capable of my job"

"oh I know but you should take the day off and rest, its not going to be an exciting day. So take some time and I can inform you of any news today personally." he assured.

He nodded towards the exit and playfully pushed your back towards the door as to say get out of here and take a day, you need it.

You liked that about Hux he was able to understand that you were a hard working person, but also a down to earth human being. He was more of an older brother to you, and it felt nice to have someone looking out for you genuinely.

You opened the door looking back to Hux with a nod and bumped into someone's chest as you left the room. Looking up to find who almost knocked you over if it weren't for their strong grasp on your back and shoulders it was Kylo. Kylo didn't wear a mask as much as he used to meaning it was easier to understand what he was saying because you could see his expressions. You were face to face with him and he examined the dark circles as Hux just did.

"You're not sleeping" he said blatantly not losing eye contact.

(Mind you he's still holding your back with his hand in the doorway with storm troopers passing by who are extremely confused.)

"I sleep" you lied almost as a question.

"was that to convince you or me?" he said softly not letting you go.

"I'm Fine" you said leaning forward regaining your balance and stepping back from him.

"and if you'll excuse me I'll be I'm my quarters" you turned around heading in the direction you should have been going all along as he caught your wrist to swing you around once more because he always had the last word especially with you.

You looked down at your wrist as he took a step closer to you

"You have nightmares don't you, Y/N look at me," you stared at the floor

" look at me," hesitatingly you moved your eyes to his

"they go away, I swear" you gave him a small smile and gently removed his hand from yours continuing on your way.

He stood there staring at you until you turned the hallway and he couldn't see you anymore. Then he turned and went through the door you came out of.

You arrived back at your quarters and just stood in the entrance way as a tear came down your face. You weren't even sure why you were crying you were just so worn out. You sat down in the middle of your floor facing the nearest window just gazing out into the stars wishing you could just float away from everything.

You knew your next mission would be within the next few days and the terror would continue along with your sleepless nights as you begun to drift off into slumber on the floor.