#15 His Shoulder

Prior to this the Resistance attacked

"Kylo" you screeched because of how nervous you were to see his condition.

Bursting through the medical doors to see him lying on a bed hooked with IV's on his left arm. Looking at how many needles he had in his arm it brought out the veins lining his forearm. You hadn't noticed it before but he was more muscular than you had thought because he normally had on long sleeves.

You took a step into the room and simultaneously he woke up looking to the doors you had just come through as if he knew your presence was here. You didn't realize he was looking at you when you stepped in because you were catching your breath from running through this entire ship to find him. Opening your eyes to see your reflection in a mirror right next to you, you looked bad. Bruises scratches and worst of all cuts from the control room.

-The control room practically exploded when you were standing in it. You had been helping people get out of the room that was crumbling to pieces you were dodging a piece of the roof that was falling and in the process rammed into a piece of sharp steel. However Knowing that it was worth it to save some of the leading figures in the order although you were harmed anyways.-

The slice directly below your collar bone was terribly deep and there was a large gash on your neck so you put on your hood not wanting Kylo to think you were injured while he was in worse condition than you.

Turning from the mirror you stopped again with your eyes wider than before looking at the rips in his shirt and jeans and the cut marks on him. The cuts were numerous you couldn't even mentally count them all. The worst one you could see was one across his chest near his heart. You walked over to him slowly and the nurses watched you frightened to see what his reaction would be, before you came in anyone who came to bother him was thrown against a wall or dropped to their knees by suffocation. But the Nurses were amazed to see you inch over to him as they whispered to themselves.

As you made it to his bed side you stood above him with a sorrowful look. A few stray tears escaped your eyes. You didn't want to touch him in case you'd accidentally ended up hurting him more than he already was. Standing their in utter disbelief after a few minutes he opened his eyes looking directly into yours. He had told you before how much he loved your green eyes and he often got lost in them.

You took a step forward coming closer to his bed rails as he brought his hand up to trace your cheek. The nurses all gasped hoping to not have to put you in a bed as well, like the last three visitors before. But he just watched you intently focusing on your expression finding it extremely calming for him. A wave of relief came over you as you felt his touch and eventually brought your hand up to grasp his lightly. He looked over to your cut sleeve and ripped jeans with a worried expression on his face, but kept scanning your limbs for injuries,

"You should be in this hospital bed" he finally said calmly looking up to meet your gaze again, you smiled glad to know he could still keep the situation light.

"I'm alright" you whispered to him closing your eyes for a few seconds trying to reassure that you were fine although you weren't.

"Let me help, you need something for the pain, I can tell, I feel it your struggling to breathe and I'm not going to let you die on me" he said keeping his eyes on you. Somehow Kylo felt immaculatly stronger when you came in the room and after seeing your condition felt a need to protect you.

"I'm gonna be ok," you were breathing heavily, as he shook his head to protest again.

"it's ok" you replied shivering and breathing heavier than you should have to, looking behind you-you backed up to a chair and eased yourself into it as your head spun. The chair was right next to his bed. Then closed your eyes to refocus your energy into Kylo's state instead of your own. Kylo rubbed the top of your knuckles which were losing color because of how tightly you were squeezing them. He eased you a little knowing that although he was in such bad condition he worried more about you.

Letting go of your fist he was glancing back up to your eyes but something caught his eye. A line of blood behind your hood was barely visible but he wasn't taking any of your injuries lightly so he turned your neck to the left ever so gently revealing a fresh cut. He groaned worried to see that you were losing your strength with very inch of skin he touched. He hesitated but needed to see how much this injury affected you. Grazing his index finger along the tender skin of the cut while studying your expression to determine how much pain you were in. Wincing and shutting your eyes tight you leaned back in your seat trying to get out of his reach but the chair was already against the wall. But he kept slowly tracing your neck causing you to clench your jaw and retreat into your self by lowering your head to your chest. However he wouldn't stop his evaluation yet until he felt a drop of water on his hand, tracing the cut one last time he then drew back to see that he was making you cry.

"Hey" he said quietly to you.

After being released from his grasp you pulled your head up to rest against the wall behind you to keep pressure off of your neck. Shaking a little as to the stinging in the cut. The stinging also made you oblivious to the rummaging around Kylo was doing.

You had kept your eyes closed and remained as still as you possibly could to keep from the pain spreading to anywhere else. When you felt movement on your shoulder. Shifting and opening your eyes you looked up and to the right of you sat Kylo in is cut up shirt and blood stained pants smiling at you. You were shocked and laughed to yourself then you moved your neck back to the way it was. A minute had passed and Kylo had kept his gaze on you but shifted his focus to your hand again it was digging into your thigh and so he grabbed it and unclenched your fingers. He kissed your palm and then kept held of it in his lap. While rubbing the top of it in little circular motions.

Within five minutes you were dozing off from the pain and the worrying slowly leaning your head against Kylo's shoulder. His shoulder was warm and welcoming and you nestled into it fitting like a puzzle piece. As he kissed the top of your hood he smiled to himself while placing his chin on your head thinking to himself he was your shoulder to lean on.