#4 History

Synopsis: you are telling Kylo about past training after a rough sparring match with him and he is shocked and curious.

You were swinging around your saber aimlessly blocking left swiping right swinging up and crashing down pretending to be in an intense dual during a battle.

Turning left your saber hit another, and it surged with power.

It was a bright red one just as bright as yours, it was Kylo Ren's.

The only difference between his and yours was an extra two short beams of light near the handle and he was more versed in the weapon. You had never told him that you had trained with a light saber before because that was a story from a long time ago, from before you joined the dark side.

The truth is you were training in the light, and you were the strongest they had but things changed, alliances shifted and many were killed. You knew that if you wanted to protect others you needed to be on the side who believed in violence, therefore you joined the first order. The sith took you in hesitatingly but as time passed by you proved your loyalty, more than any other person in the first order. It was only a matter of time until Kylo found out that you had trained with his enemy for years but it was to be kept in the shadows for now.

The dual was intense he swiped left and you blocked he was better at dodging than you, and then he hit your shoulder. Then you hit cut his arm and he burned your thigh. The injuries were endless the battle lasted at least 15 minutes and stormtroopers were passing by the open doors, amazed as to the skills you both possessed. Kylo was always impressed with you, he never said it out loud but he was. He was always confused as to how wise and strong you were it always seemed like you knew your place and that's what he loved about you. You knew what to say and when to say it, you could adapt to situations faster than the highest ranking soldiers of the first order. But Kylo worried about you, you were younger than most of the people there and he felt that he needed to protect you from enemies seen or unseen.

The dual was the lesson today and you headed to your room to clean up and cool off. You took off you jacket leaving you in a short sleeve and black leggings. The burn on your thigh was the worst, you ran cool water on it and grabbed an ice pack for your shoulder. You dried your leg and headed over to lay down on your couch. Your door opened as you put an ice pack on your shoulder and Kylo walked in.

"hey" you said as he was walking towards you

" are you alright" he questioned

"m hmm" you hummed

"you sure" he lifted the ice pack and put it pack on gently.

"sorry bout that got a little carried away." He kind of sounded sincere

"Its training there's risks...and its not as bad as it looks"

"Well it looks pretty bad, think will take a little time off of saber training for now. Besides you're actually rather good at it."

Your thoughts were roaming aimlessly now thinking back to training with Luke.

"I'm alright" you played off dumbly.

"You learned faster than I did"

He seemed like he knew something.

You turned your head away from him and started off with,

"because I did already know."

He just looked at you brows furrowed waiting for you to go on. But you weren't looking at him you couldn't, so you continued.

"I was being trained when I was younger. I was being trained to fight the sith not join it, I was being trained by Luke Skywalker." You were looking through a large window it was practically your whole wall. Kylo got up and walked around your couch and kneeled down in front of you. He wanted to see your emotions more than you did his. He was just staring at you and a tear rolled down your cheek, unintentionally. He reached towards your face to brush it way.

When you first joined the order he had seen the light in you and so did Snoke which is why your trust had to be earned. But over endless times you proved your loyalty to the order and Kylo knew that. He had a blank expression on his face and you weren't sure if he was going to slap you or kiss you.

You took an unsteady breath and finished with.

"Kylo I can't... I can't do this, I can't do it anymore. I was trained to be good and kind and just, not cruel and relentless. The light it calls to me it calls for me to come home."

More tears had fallen from your cheeks and Kylo looked broken he looked at you like he would never see you again. He looked afraid, that he was going to lose you, he knew that if you left he wouldn't see you again and he loved you so much. You were his only friend and you understood him but he would never tell you this because he wanted you to be happy. He knew that the first order was not where you belonged, and he wanted you to go home and he wished he could come with you. He wished you'd stay with him, he wished you'd stay for him but he could never ask that of you, because you were the reason he was still alive today.