Miraculous Ladybug: 14

Ah, where did he go?

Natalie had been looking for Adrien for straight 2 hours now without any success. She asked around, but no one knew.

Natalie, deciding he was probably at Marinette's place, walked to the Dupain-Cheng bakery.

"Adrien? No," Sabine told her when she asked. "We haven't seen him, but he definitely didn't come by here."

"Alrighty thank you." Natalie walked away from them. She sat down at a nearby bench and looked up.

Adrien, where are you?

-

"Plagg claws out!" Adrien transformed into Cat Noir, and once he did, he saw Natalie coming out of the Dupain-Cheng bakery.

She's really smart. Of course, she would think I went there. But of course, I wouldn't use the door.

Cat Noir flew up, landing on Marinette's balcony. Marinette heard and came rushing to her balcony.

"Cat Noir?" Marinette was surprised to see the cat. "Since when do you land on people's balcony?"

"Since today," Cat Noir joked, as he allowed himself inside Marinette's room.

"What's wrong? You look down," Marinette watched as he took a seat.

"Just... Ran away from home is all," he answered. "Father being a meanie."

"What was that all about when he said you couldn't talk to me anymore?" Marinette asked, worried. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No... Honestly, I don't know," Cat Noir looked down. "I wish he could tell me, though, and I'll see if he's right or wrong... But I know he's wrong about you, Marinette. I just don't get the reason, so that's my next mission..."

"Good luck. Your father can be quite tough. I would want to anger him," Marinette sighed.

"Sometimes I wish I had your dad," Cat Noir suddenly said. "You and your family have so much fun together... And you even have a bakery. My father hardly talks to me... Or anyone. All he does is stay in his room and stare at a picture of Mom."

"Oh." Marinette didn't know what to say. She remembered Adrien telling her that his mom was dead, but she still didn't know why she died.

"It's as if he stares at her long enough, she'll come back to life. I think he's just wasting his time!"

"Maybe you can ask him?" Marinette sat down next to Cat Noir.

"I've tried, so many times. He always tells me that it's none of my business," Cat Noir said through gritted teeth. "One day I just wish that he will regret ever missing out on so many things with his son. I can't wait for that day to come."

-

Natalie walked up the stairs and knocked on the door that was leading to Mr. Agreste's room.

"Who is it?" He spoke in such a low, bold voice that Natalie could hardly hear him, but she answered, "it's Natalie."

Gabriel opened the door. "Have you found him yet?!"

Natalie slowly shook her head. "But I promise I will, I just needed to talk to you."

"About what?!"

You care, I know you care about your son, but sometimes you just forget to show it. You act cold towards him because you think it's for the best, but Gabriel, you're just driving your son away from you.

"I want to just talk to you about Adrien," Natalie slowly spoke.

"Come in." Gabriel let her in, shutting the door. "Begin," he said. "What is it about Adrien?"

"Listen, I know the reason why you told him to stay away from Marinette, but Marinette isn't going to hurt him..."

"She's hurting me!" Gabriel exclaimed. "I tried so hard, yet I fail, and now I've found out it's all because of her."

"Have you ever wondered who Cat Noir was?"

"Yes. In fact, I've wondered who are the rest of the superheroes. They even got a new superhero, Butterfly," Gabriel explained. "Natalie, I need your help."

"I don't want to do it," Natalie said. "I'm only hurting Adrien if I join you, but you...?"

"I'm doing this for all of us," Gabriel folded his arms. "Once I get those miraculous, I can finally get my wife to be with us again. Adrien will thank me..."

"Even when he finds out you're Hawk Moth?" Natalie asked.

"It wouldn't matter to him whether I akumatized people, he will thank me when I finally succeed, and then that way I can pay attention to him again. We'll all be happy. Now Natalie, join me!..."

"I... I can't," Natalie headed for the door. "I don't want to."

"Natalie, you're making a big mistake, you know," Gabriel exclaimed. "With your powers, you can be able to akumatize the people that were already villains, even though they don't feel angry or upset. Please, Natalie, do this for my wife."

Natalie turned to him. "I don't want to be like you!!" She yelled, then left the room, banging the door.

Let me just tell you that it will be your biggest mistake, Natalie. I'll make you join me.

I'll make it happen!

- Edited -