Chapter 43// Why?

Calum's pov:
I'm in so much pain right now I can barely move. I need to find out why Drake is doing this because I could die soon. And I didn't even get to say one last goodbye to my loved ones I'll never get to see again. I just hope his answer is reasonable.

After a few minutes he comes into the basement. "W-why a-are y-you d-doing a-all of this to me?" I ask stuttering at the start because I could hardly speak because of the pain I'm in. "Because I hate you" he says. "Please I need something better than that" I say.

"Fine, you're not gonna live to tell the tale anyway" he replies. "It all started when I was with Cathryn, we were looking at older pictures of each other on the other's phones" he adds. "What's that got to do with any of this?" I ask. "I stumbled upon a picture of you with her and I just couldn't stop staring at it for some reason, it wasn't her I was staring at though it was you" he says. "Okay" I say awkwardly not liking how this story is going so far.

"Then after that I found myself copying every picture she had on her phone with you in it onto my phone" he says. "So you became obsessed with me?" I ask. "I guess you could say so, anyway so she walked into the room and sees me with her phone and asks me what I'm doing" he says. "Nothing I replied hiding both of our phones" he says. I shift a bit from my previous position as this story is beginning to make me feel really uncomfortable, but I need to know the rest I need to know the truth. I only know like quarter of this.

"'What are you hiding?' She asks me tickling me making me drop both of the phones none of them broke though, she picks them both of the phones up and looks at them" he tells me. He looks at me for a moment but then quickly looks towards the wall.

"'Omg why are you coping pictures of my ex onto your phone?' She asked me. I didn't answer I just looked away and then at her embarassed. I didn't know what to say. I didn't even know why I was doing it" he says. "Hmm... weird" I say. "I know" he says.

"Anyways, so she asks me 'do you have a crush on him or something?'. 'What?! No you just look pretty in the pictures with him' I lied" He tells me. "What was the truth then?" I ask him. "The truth was that my attention was drawn to you for some reason" he says. "Oh" I say.

"I actually feel a bit better telling you this you know" he says. "It's like I've just been holding it all in and it's just been waiting to come out." He adds. "Continue" I say weakly. "Fine, 'Really? Aww thanks babe love you' she says" He continues.

"'Who is he anyways?' I ask her curious about who you were. 'Oh his name is Calum' she says" He tells me. I stare at the walls hoping they'll help me stay awake longer. My shoulder is still bleeding and I've lost like loads of blood.

"I try searching for you but it was too difficult to find you on social media and Cathryn wouldn't tell me your surname" he says. I keep holding a cloth towards the wound so it would bleed less. I need to try to stay alive long enough to hear the full story.

"Then she had become more suspicions that I had a crush on you and decided to tell me that you were dating Diana" he tells me. "She did tell me her surname though so I managed to find her easily then I thought of a plan" he says.

"I decided to stalk Diana because she would eventually lead me to you, I knew she would, I kept checking her social media hoping that one day she would post about going to a place that I could go to as well, so that I could meet her and possibly become her friend" he says.

"So you deliberately looked for her?" I ask. "Yes, I needed to find a way to end my obsession with you and I thought this would work" he replies. "Oh okay, but why were you obsessed with me in the first place?" I ask. "I mean have you seen yourself; you're  perfect" he says looking directly at me.

All my senses are starting to become a lot weaker from the pain I'm in. But  my hearing is fine so I can still hear what Drake says. "So then Diana and I started to get close, I didn't really like her in the love way but she loved me; she really loved me I could tell by the way she acted around me like she would go all shy whenever she would see me, she would also be blushing and all" he says. My breathing begins to slow down.

He gets closer to me like he knows that he's going to have to come closer soon as otherwise I might not be able to hear him. He then holds my face closer to his and kisses me on the lips. "Ew, did you seriously just kiss me?" I ask him my voice almost a whisper.

"Sorry I couldn't help it" he says. "Then I thought of a plan; I thought that if I could date her it would lead me closer to my target you" he says and then he pauses for a bit. "By this point I really needed to find you, so I asked Diana to date me. She said yes and that we had to keep our relationship a secret so that you wouldn't find out about it, I agreed with her and said it was a good idea since I was still with Cathryn" he says. I sit up so I wouldn't get too tired.

"Months passed but I still wasn't getting any closer to finding you, I was starting to get fed up so I thought that if I could get rid of you I would stop being obsessed with you. Looking at pictures of you and everything was like a drug and I was addicted and you know the rest of the story" he says. "You make that deal with her that if you kill Cathryn she will have to kill me so you both can be happy together and then you somehow find out she didn't actually kill me and get so mad so you decide to get the job done yourself" I say. "Yes" he says. Then my vision gets blurrier than it already was and my body gets weaker than it was and then it all goes dark.