Chapter 40// Can't escape the danger

Calum's pov:
Days have passed and there seems to be no sign of Drake. Maybe he realised how crazy he was being and decided to stop. I guess I'm safe for now. This is a good thing because maybe things would be normal again and I can go out in public without having to worry about seeing Diana and Drake around.

This is the most 'ordinary' my days have been since Cathryn was murdered. I feel like a huge weight of worrying about Diana and Drake and all the other danger I've gotten myself into this past month I had been carrying on my shoulders has finally dropped. I no longer need to carry it around anymore.

I can't believe that after being the magnet of getting myself into some kind of danger I'm finally away from the metal that is the trouble I got myself muddled in. I guess I can finally move on from that traumatic past I had to go through.

My friends have helped me so much and I am so thankful that they've been with me through it all and didn't get fed up of helping me each time I had threatening things happen to me. Hopefully this time will last long and I don't get muddled up with other sorts of danger.

Today I'm gonna meet up with Luke, Michael and Ashton as we haven't properly hung out for ages.

Drake's pov:
You probably think I've forgotten about that Calum dude. But you're wrong. He's gonna get what's coming for him I just needed him to believe that I've forgotten about him. I need him to believe that so that when I finally decide to attack he would be unprepared. I know I'm elder than him and stronger than him but I need him to be more vulnerable it's more fun that way anyways.

I found out that he was gonna meet up with his friends in a cafe today and that's when I'm gonna strike. Don't ask me how I know that I just do. I also know which cafe he's gonna be meeting them at and what time he's supposed be there. He probably thinks this is over but it's only just the beginning Calum.

Calum's pov:
I'm supposed to be meeting the guys at 6:00 pm and right now it's 5:00 pm. I better start getting ready.

When I've finished getting ready it's 5:30 the cafe we're meeting at is not too far away from my house so I decided to walk there. That way I'm saving money.

When I reach the cafe it's 5:50 pm and Ashton is already there. "Hi Ash" I greet him. "Hey Cal" he greets back. "How are you?" I ask him. "I'm good thanks, what about you?" He replies asking me the same question back. "I'm fine" I answer.

Soon Michael and Luke show up too and we find ourselves a table to sit at. We order some coffees and some cookies. We talk for about an hour or something and then we decide it's time to leave. I'm the first out of the four of us to leave the table.

Drake's pov:
He's finally out of the cafe now I should still be unnoticed by them though. I've been here since 6:15 pm. I obviously didn't go inside the cafe and I am a little further away from it.

He walks towards the way I am. I need to make sure none of his friends are around. I put something in the way of his path hoping he'll trip over it so I can tackle him easily. The idiot does trip over it and I rush over to hurt him more.

I keep punching him until he's well...
unconscious... not dead yet... I'm gonna make sure he suffers before he dies. Unlike the quicker death I gave Cathryn. He deserves all the pain to last until he's starts literally begging for me to just end his pain. Which I won't do until I feel the need to.

Calum's pov:
I wake up in an unknown location. It looks like some sort basement; I mean I think I'm in a basement I'm not really sure as right now my vision is kind of blurry and pain goes through almost every part of my body.

The last thing I remember was I left the cafe. I started my journey back home and tripped face first on the floor and then someone kept hurting me and I guess I must have passed out and the attacker must have dragged me over here.

What time is it? I check my phone and it says 11:35 pm. Oh my that means I've been unconscious for like about 4 hours. 

I try texting someone for help but there's absolutely no signal in this place damn it. Just when I thought I was free from all this... it starts again.

"Ouch" I mutter as I try moving from my current position on the floor. I'm too hurt to move. Maybe if I get some rest I might feel a bit better. I look around my surroundings to see if I could find anything which is at least a bit comfortable. There's some junk lying around in this place.

I somehow mange to stand up with almost all the strength I have and walk to near the edge of the room towards the right where there's a shelf. Then it hits me that I haven't checked the door yet; but I guess it's locked but I've got to be sure. I mean it's worth a shot trying to see if it's just closed even though it's highly unlikely. I slowly walk up to it and try the handle... locked.

I move to the opposite side of the room. I check all the boxes. One has broken tvs and monitors. One has old plastic water bottles. One has old worn out shoes and finally I find one I could use the things in one full of old clothes. I reach for it and nearly fall over just before getting it because of how weak I'm feeling.

I got it anyway. I lay the clothes down in a rectangle in the middle of the room and make it look like a really low quality sleeping bag. I lie down on it. It's not the most comfortable but it's better than the bare ground. Hopefully I will manage to get some sleep.