Chapter 42// Worry

Ashton's pov:
Calum hasn't been in contact with any of us since the evening we hung out together at that cafe. I'm really starting to worry about him as he somehow always manages to get himself into some kind of danger. I should message the guys and ask them if they would like to come with me to his house to check on him.

I open my phone and go onto my messaging app and click on a groupchat which Luke, Michael and Calum are in.
Me: Hey guys would any of you want to come with me to Cal's house to see how he's doing.
Michael: of course
Luke: Sure, what time?
Me: Like in around 15 minutes time?
Michael: Okay where do we meet?
Me: Cal's house
Luke: Sure

Soon enough I'm ready and I reach his house. Luke and Michael are kind of late so I wait by Calum's gate for them. They arrive one after the other after a few minutes. I knock on the door.

I wait a bit but there's no answer. "Maybe he's asleep?" Luke says. "It's nearly 3:00 pm why would he be asleep?" I reply. "Oh yeah" he says. "He gave each of us a key to his house didn't he?" Michael asks and Luke nods. "Has anyone brought it with them?" He adds. "I have" I reply twirling a keyring with a set of keys on it along my finger.

We open the door and call for him but we still get no answer. We look in every single room but he's nowhere around. "Where could he possibly be?" Luke asks. "Maybe we should contact his parents and see if they have an idea of where he is" Michael says. "Sure" I say. Leaving the house and locking the door behind me as Luke and Michael were already out before me.

We call his parents and they said that he hadn't been in contact with them either. "What about Mali?" Luke asks. We call Mali too but she says he didn't contact her too. "Maybe he left town?" Michael says. "Calum will never just leave without telling us; plus all his things are still in his room" I reply. "That's true" Luke says. "I'm calling the police" I say. "Okay" Luke and Michael say in unison.

We all go to my house after that and I phone the police. I tell the police about the last time we saw him and all that and they said they would file a missing person report to help look for him. But that's not enough we are going to need to have a back up plan. Maybe we can tell Monay to see if she can help us too. I'm sure she'll be happy to help as she really likes Calum.

Monay had given us her number before we left that island. She said we could call her if any of us needed something or maybe just for friendly chatter. I dial her number. After a few minutes she picks up.
"Hello" I greet her. "Oh hi Ashton, how are you doing?" She greets back and asks how I am. "I'm fine, but Calum's not" I reply. "What sort of trouble has he gotten himself  into now?" She asks. I pause for a moment. "He um... I think he's gotten himself kidnapped or something" I tell her. "Oh that seems terrible, is there anything I can do to help?" She replies and asks a question. "Maybe you could somehow use your magic to help us locate him?" I answer her but nake it more of a question. "Of course" she answers. "Thanks so much" I say. "It's no problem, I'll tell you as soon as I find him" she says. "Okay bye I'll talk to you later" I reply. "Bye" she says.

"Are you sure that was a good idea?" Michael asks. "Kind of, I mean she only kidnapped him because she had no friends and didn't know how to make friends so I suppose we can trust her" I reply. "She won't hurt him again" Luke says. "How can you both be sure about this?" Michael questions. "Maybe because she was nice to us just before we left the island" Luke answers. "What if she was pretending though?" Michael says. "She was nice to me on the phone too Michael" I say. "Okay but if this goes wrong I told you so" he replies.

"While the police do their search and Monay does her spells, maybe we could make a list of possibilities of where Calum could be" I say. "That's a good idea" Luke says. I pick up my phone and go to notes. "Okay, any ideas?" I ask. "Diana?" Luke says. "Yeah, after all she did try to kill him during their fight" I say typing her name on the list. "Umm... maybe he just went for a walk somewhere and got lost?" Michael says. "Possibly as he did walk out of the guest house in the middle of the night" I say typing that down. "I'm out of ideas" Luke says. "Let's stop" Michael says. "Okay" I say saving the note. I hope he's safe. I hope he's not dead. I think Luke and Michael wanted to stop the list because they didn't want to think of the idea of him not being alive.

Then my phone rings. It's Monay. I pick up as quickly as I can and put it on speaker. "Any news?" I ask. "Yes I have located him" she replies. "Is he okay?" I ask her. "He's been hurt really badly and he's very very weak, so we are going to have to get to him as quick as we can so he stays alive" she says. "He's hurt and weak?" Luke asks. I nod in reply to Luke. "Where is he?" I ask Monay. "He's in someone's basement I don't know the exact location but I can dig deeper to find it" she replies. "Someone's basement?" Michael asks. "Yes" I reply. "That'll be great, thanks again for your help Monay" I say. "It's no worry, you of all  are my friends and I'll help you whenever you need it" she says. "You can come with us to find him if you want" I say.
"I'd love to, but now I've got to work on finding the address of this place. Bye" she says. "Bye" I say.

Author's note:
The list part is inspired by a part in the Vampire Diaries book I think it's third one The fury or something.