19. Apologies

Anna's POV

It's been about about two days since we started walking, it was dusk now and we were getting ready to sleep. The last few days was hard and a little strange, hard for me because if anyone wanted me to understand them they would need to use sign language so I got left out of a lot of conversations. Strange because Sokka decided to drink some wacky catuse juice so he's been doing some weird stuff all day. Oh and yeah we found out from some Sandbenders that there was a chance that Appa was in Ba Sing Se!

Lying down on the sand next to Toph I stared at the darkening sky, not bothering to try and talk to my sister. Feeling a tap on my shoulder I rolled over onto my side, facing Toph. Toph sat up a bit and began to talk, signing as did so. "Okay, what's wrong with you?"

"What makes you think something's wrong?" I answer trying not to meet her eyes.

"Because I know you, we're sisters. I know when your upset!" Toph said rolling her eyes at me.

"It's nothing really.. It's just about Aang.." I trialed off. Toph looked at me started to understand.

"Just go talk to him if you feel so bad." She said as if it was obvious. "I'll wait here, don't worry." Biting my lip, I stood up walking over to where Aang was.

----------

Aang sat a little ways from everyone else clearly trying to separate himself. I made my way over to him and sat down next to him. The two of us did nothing for several minutes. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Aang turning to me slightly, turning my body to face him he signed "What are you doing here Anna?"

Letting out a deep breath I started to explain "I wanted to apologize to you." And before Aang had the chance to say anything I keep going, "I feel bad I didn't stay with Toph back at the library. If I hadn't been so selfish and went with you guys I could have helped Toph hold up the liberty. Or she could have hold it up while I helped Appa!" I said quickly before crying, this was all my fault!

I sat there just crying, not wanting to know what Aang now thought of me. I was still crying when I felt an arm wrap around me in a side hug. Looking over at Aand he let go of me, I wiped my eyes are we began to sign "its not your falut Anna." He said "you had no idea that Appa was going to be taken." He gave me a small smile before he kept going "our best hope is to get to Ba Sing Se, the sandbenders did say he would be there."

------

Feeling much better after me and Aang's talk I walk back to Toph, lying down next to her. Maybe now I could get some sleep. 

----------

A/N: Hey everyone Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year! I hope you're having a good one. I hope you enjoyed my holiday chapter this year. Please tell me if you did and what you are doing for the holidays! I'm not really doing anything, just that my brother is back from collage.

Please Vote, Add,  Comment , and have a great holiday

-Isabel