16. The Professor

This chapter was edited by alllura

————————————

When we landed, we all looked at what Aang called the 'Misty Palms Oasis', which I hoped would be nice to look at, but it seemed—well— like trash. It was literally many buildings and a small block of ice in the center. Saying we were disappointed would be an understatement.

"The ownership must have changed since I was here." Aang said before he did what I guess was laughing sheepishly.

As we walked in, the hanging sign fell off. We approached to what looked like some sort of bar with sandbenders hanging outside of the place. At the side, there was a man who looked like he was ordering some kind of drink, I was unable to hear what he was saying, since the floor wasn't earth, but wood.

The bartender then used two swords to slice a bowl from a large chunk of ice. He then got some fruit and chopped up a piece of fruit as he poured a jug of milk into the bowl, still using the swords. He served the drink to the man, who gave the bartender a coin. Sokka, clearly impressed by the demonstration, ran over to the bartender to get a beverage, while the man bumped into Aang.

While the young airbender talked to the man, the rest of us go and got drinks— very delicious drinks, if I may add. When we walked back to Aang, he was talking to who I found out was a professor of some sort. Sokka began speaking, and Katara stood next to me using sign language to translate to me. I had to admit, I was very proud of her, having Katara learn a completely new language in just a few days.

"So Professor, you're obviously a well-traveled guy. Do you have a more current map? Ours seems to be a little dated." Sokka asked.

The Professor then showed us his map, and it was not one Sokka was looking for, of the fire nation. The Professor — who's name was Zei — told us of a library full of more book and knowledge than anywhere else. Zei told us it was made with a spirit, or someone trapped a spirit, I couldn't really understand.

It was now Sokka's turn to choose his mini vacation.

Next stop?

Wan Shi Tong's Library.