Episode 6: How the Tables Have Turned

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

It seemed that there was always one when he was around her. Even if it was unintentionally done.

The frazzled woman's phone started ringing on the coffee table.

Nicholas looked to her.

"Aren't you going to answer?" He asked proceeding to dry his damped hair from the shower. Emily had been oogling the sight of him for the past ten minutes because of it.

His hair took long to dry, and he couldn't be bothered with the blow-dryer, so he brought a towel in his possession as he read. The wet appearance it gave made him look like one of those summer models from a catalogue and Emily couldn't help how mesmerized she was by him.

He was out to give her a heartattack she knew it!

"You already know the answer." Emily returned with a smug look.

Her expressions were so adorable, Nicholas wanted to pinch her cheeks.

The faintest smile on his face disappeared.

Oh god, what am I thinking? Nicholas frowned to himself at the juveline comment of his.

But he truly couldn't deny how childlike she was looking in the moment, and it did things to his cold heart.

Warm things.

He watched as she tapped her fingers while looking away from the ringing phone in silent amusement.

A scheming Emily was something he welcomed anytime if he wasn't on the receiving end.

"Is it him again?" Nicholas asked in amusement.

Emily nodded as she took a another bite of her chicken sandwich Nicholas had prepared.

"Yup." She said, popping the 'p'.

"It's been three days since the photo release and he's still hunting you down to save his company? What an incompetent fuc-"

"Language." Emily warned with a finger at him.

Nicholas couldn't help but roll his eyes at her.

Could she be anymore innocent?

His eyes trailed down to her creamy legs that were exposed in the bed shorts she wore.

He truly hoped so, he thought lustfully answering his own rhetoric.

It would be fun to taint her, Nicholas smiled to himself.

How in the world did it occur that an angel like her met a devil like him? He didn't know.

He wouldn't ponder on it too much either.

His mother always told him not to question the good things in life.

Nicholas will take her as his reward for all the suffering he had to undergo to make it to this point.

The ray of sunshine in his world of darkness.

In a dimly lit bar on the outskirts of New York, there was a man who was not sharing the same bright sentiments as Nicholas.

Jake Mallion had the bartender pour him his fifth drink for the night. His face had grown a dark shadow in the past few days and he was starting to lose track of time. The pressure from the board of Starz Entertainment was giving him a hard time and his father could no longer do anything to help him as a renowned director in the business. When it came to the stage of investors wanting to pull out and workers beginning to write up resignation letters, there was so much a man could do.

The Actress' Husbandजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें