Chapter 43

BONUS CHAPTER

'You called me precursor, why?', I asked him as we got out of the car in parking lot.

'I never knew I'll come across any woman who will rotate my life to 180°.', he said while leaning against his car.

'But you did it. And I'm really looking forward to how you can bring more change to my life.', he was being all blatant again making me want creep into some hole.

'You can creep into my heart. I can assure you it's better than a hole.'

I laughed at his joke and he smiled.

'I should go now.', I said looking up at him and his brows shot up.

'Now?', he asked.

How naive...

'Then when?', I said giving him a 'duh' look.

'You really need to go back to your work.', I told him and he rolled his eyes like a child.

What has happened to him today?
Yeah, he's got divorced.
Why do I keep forgetting that?

'I'm going now. Allah hafiz.', I greeted and headed for the elevators.

'No wait.', he came in front of me.
'I forgot to tell you one more thing I guess.', he said looking all playful.

Did I tell you how handsome he looked with his grown hair?
I loved that look.

'That you're a gangster..', I said and he snorted.

'No.'

'Then what?', I said enjoying his carefree demeanor. Guess I'm going to come across it more often now.

'I love you.', he said it oh so simply that I felt the earth rotate vigorously under me.

'Huh?'

'I love you.', he did that again and I didn't know what to say.

'Okay.', I said and he gave me a shocked look.

'What woman? A man just confessed his feelings for you and you choose to just say OKAY. Is that all?', he had a pissed look that I enjoyed but honest to goodness I didn't know how react in such situations.

What do people do?

'I don't know.', I managed while stifling a laugh.

The look on his face was something that I had never witnessed before. It was a colorful combination of desire, shock and emotions that I couldn't decipher.

Wow

I can't believe that the only man I felt sparks from is now confessing his feelings for me.

Life just got more exciting.

I bet I'm blushing coz he's gawking at me and I'm gawking at his tie.

'I should go.', I said as I couldn't bear more heat.

I headed for the elevator leaving him in trance. I looked over my back and he was still in the same spot with his back to me.

The doors to the elevator pinged open and I planted myself inside. He was now looking at me with his signature grumpy face that I had witnessed the first time I saw him in Kuwait.

A huge laugh burst out of my lips at his expression and the doors slid closed.

**********
After a hot shower I shrugged into my pjs and sweat shirt. Later I combated with my hair to untangle them and moved downstairs to cook something.