Learning Boxing

Izuku arrived at Jakku Park right after he left school: excitement coursing through his body. Today is the first day of training under his new Sensei. The only other time he has ever felt this joyous was when the new All Might merchandise came out. However, his excitement ended rather suddenly when he found his Sensei sleeping under a sakura tree. The only reason Midoriya recognized the mass as Senshi was because the man was built like a skyscraper. Then again, if you were as big as All Might it would be pretty hard to not be the buffest person in an area.

"Sensei, Sensei!" Midoriya repeatedly cried as he shook his new teacher violently.

The man eventually woke up with a groan, "Alright, alright, I'm awake." His eyes fluttered open, "And don't call me Sensei: It's Senshi."

"Well, Senshi and Sensei are only one letter apart," Midoriya explained.

"You're lucky you're right otherwise I would have thrown this tree at you," Senshi complained.

"What--why?" Midoriya fell on the ground; he panicked at the threat.

"Forget it, I was only joking," Senshi said with another hearty laugh, this one was shorter than his previous minute-long-laugh. "Well before you get started, there are two things that need to be done. First, tell me why do you so badly want me to train you?" Senshi asked.

Midoriya replied with a determined look, "I want to go to U.A, so I can be a hero just like All Might. Someone who makes people feel calm in danger with a smile on their face just like All Might."

'Just like All Might huh? He's reminding me more and more of you, Yagi.'

"Alright then, onto to the second thing you need to know. If you want me to train you, you'll have to promise me one thing: You must only use it for self-defense."

"Could you please explain what classifies as 'self-defense'?" Midoriya asked it was a term that could vary depending on person-to-person.

"Alright, say someone tries to attack you or someone personal to you, then you can defend yourself. However, you must never be the one who starts the fight. The moment you provoke you to fight you, then this whole thing is over. I will immediately stop training you, got it?"

Midoriya nodded, affirming, "Yeah, I got it."

"Good, now we shall begin the first lesson?" Senshi hit the tree with his right hand, causing leaves to fall down. With a sudden movement from his left hand, Senshi quickly grabbed some leaves before they even hit the ground. He then asked Midoriya, "What did I just do?"

Midoriya thought about what to say before "When the leaves fell, you extended your arm and pulled back after grabbing a leaf. Was I right?"

"Yeah, that's it. That was called a 'jab': A boxing technique."

Boxing, a martial art that only uses punching. The first ever-recorded boxing match occurred in 1681 in Britain. It has since become a worldwide sport has a spot in the Summer Olympics

"I have a quick question, why are you teaching me boxing first?" Midoriya asked.

"Well, I believe that it would be best to start with boxing first. That is mainly because punches are used most often in a fight if done well, boxing could even be strong enough to go against mixed martial artists who incorporate kicks."

"Wow... I never knew that" Midoriya said.

"Now, try to do what I just did," Senshi commanded.

Midoriya tried to take the same position; however, instead of using his left he used his right.