Struggle of A Single Parent

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Dada....." before she could finish she started to cry. My heart broke at this scenery. I was sure she is hungry.

"I am sorry, baby! Let's eat something." I said as I picked her up and she continued to cry.

 I rubbed her back soothingly as I poured water on her milk bottle and mixed it with chemical milk.  I shook the bottle well then sat on the living rooms floor leaning on the couch. I leaned Ashley on my left arms and  gave her the bottle. She started to eat greedily. I sighed in relief. Ashley took the bottle from me and act like a self dependent baby. So  with my free hand I picked up my script and started to read again. After 10 mins Ashley was done with her feeding. I took the bottle from her and placed her on the playpen to wash the bottle.

There are some days, when Ashley needs my whole attention all day long. If I don't give her that, she would act fussy or else she would just cry. It was one of the days when Ashley is a demanding baby. Which is very rare. As soon as I placed her on the playpen she got up and threw her hands up for me to hold her.

"Aghu ba bi!" she whined and was about to cry. I sighed and picked her up. She placed her head on my shoulder and I felt her relaxed. With holding her in one hand, I washed her bottle. Then I looked at the house and it was a mess.

Ashley was now soundly sleeping in my arms. I picked up Ashley's toys with the free hand and droped it into her playbox. And didn't I tell you her only toy is plastic water bottle?  I fixed the cushions of the couch. Then I took the vacuum cleaner and started to clean the house with holding Ashley in one arms and the vacuum on the other.  I cleaned the whole house. Dusting every corner and it was exhausting. And the little devil seems so soundly sleep in my arms. 

After the cleaning of the house, it was time to make lunch. I was thinking to put Ashley on her crib. But before that, my little devil woke up rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"Had a  good nap, baby?" I  cooed as I kissed her and tied her in her chair. I gave her some orange and raspberry to eat. And started to to cook lunch. But Ashley was impatient in her chair. I hurriedly made some fried rice with eggs fro me and mashed rice and potato for Ashley. Ashley was getting very impatient there.

"Wait a second, Miss Fast and Impatientious!" I put her bib on then  I sat before her and started to feed her and myself at the same time.   It is a struggle to feed Ashley lunch. She would move her head here and there. She would dance with songs. She would try to bribe me with her cute looks. Or she would just cry. Let me tell you that is the worse case, her crying.

But luckily for today she was a good baby. She was in the mood to be cute. And that's what she did. As I was about to give her another spoon she refused and instead she gave me a puppy dig look.

"Abi Dada?..bibi....abu...bigu...bub!" she said each and every word cutely and I facepalmed myself. She is a devil! But  a cute one for sure!

"One last bite, then I'll let you out of this cage. Okay?" I said gently as I gave her the last spoon and she ate it. I smiled at her.

"Thanks Ginger!" I said as I got up and washed my hand. Then wipe her food covered mouth with my wet hand. I cleaned her mouth and set her on the floor where she ran as if she is running away from hell. I chuckled and looked down at my food which was not even half finished. I sighed as I picked up my plate and went to the living room, where Ashley was playing. I sat on the floor and watched my Ginger play as I ate. I was hard to finish my food, cause Ashley was demanding attention now.  She gave me a water bottle to play with her. I played with her with one hand and ate my food with the other. It was hard.  

As I was finished eating, I left my plate and other unwashed dishes on the basin and went to Ashley. She was again looking sleepy. So I decided to put her into sleep. I picked her up ignoring her protests and I started to rock her around the house humming songs. With a lots of whinings my daughter finally fall asleep. I stilled rocked her for a while, then I tucked her on her crib and placed a light pillow over her arm. Just to assure her that Dada is with her. I kissed her chubby pink cheek and gave her pacifier. With that I took the baby monitor and I carefully closed the door of her nursery.  I sighed deeply.