Ejected and Rejected

Logan spotted Chloe walking to her locker when the final bell rang. She crept up behind her, "whatcha doing?" she whispered.

Chloe jumped, dropping all her books in her hands.

Logan put her hand up to her mouth, trying to hide the smile behind her hand.

Chloe shot her cousin a glare as she picked up her books, "what did I say about speaking to me at school?"

Logan's smiling face deflated at the question. First, her girlfriend refused to seen in public with her, now her cousin reminded her of her rule at school. Was there something wrong with her? Why were the people she loved either pushing her away or leaving?

Logan swallowed the lump that formed in her throat and blinked away her tears. She forced a smile on her face, "right, sorry."

She turned around, hoping she could get to a secluded area before the tears started falling. She knew Chloe was joking, but it was a wound that was still fresh after Peyton said that they shouldn't hang out in public anymore. Chloe didn't know about that, if she had known, she was sure the freshman wouldn't have said that.

As she turned the corner, she saw Peyton walking down the hall with Grayson. Her eyes slowly met Peyton's and she saw the girl's eyes light up for a second, before she quickly looked away, avoiding Logan.

Logan let out a sharp breath like she was just punched in the stomach. She needed to go somewhere, anywhere that wasn't school.

She squeezed her way past bodies that littered the hallway, a hard shoulder bumped hers and sent her crashing to the floor.

"Watch it, dyke," the familiar voice growled. She looked up and saw the face of Vince Tanner staring down at her with a disgusted face.

A crowd formed around them and Logan couldn't help it. She cracked and the tears started flowing freely down her face. She covered her eyes with her hands, sobbing quietly until she felt gentle hands on her back.

"Go to hell Tanner. I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, but that's just cruel punishment," Kate spat.

"That's not what every girl I've dated said," Vince replied smugly high fiving his buddies and cheering.

"To your face, it's very different from what I hear in the girl's washroom," Brittany smirked. She held up her thumb and her index finger as a measurement, "they were apparently very disappointed."

Laughter filled the hallway but Logan focused on the voice beside her.

"Logan," Chloe whispered. She lifted her up gently, keeping a firm hand on her waist. She lifted her head and gave her friends a grateful look as they escorted her away. As they walked away, her eyes found the blue ones she always loved looking into. But Peyton just looked on with a worried expression.

* * * * *

"Urgh, can you believe the nerve of that ass?!" Brittany asked as she slammed her cup of ice cream down.

"I know, right? And to think, I had a crush on him in freshman year," Kate retorted.

Logan kept quiet, picking at the ice cream in front of her. Chloe studied her, feeling guilty for being responsible for setting her off.

"Hey guys, could you give us a minute?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah, of course," Kate stood up, grabbing Brittany as well. "Take all the time you need. I want another scoop anyways."

Chloe waited until they were out of earshot before she leaned in. "Logan, I'm sorry I said that. I didn't mean it, it was supposed to be a joke."

Logan pushed away her ice cream cup and nodded, "I know it was, I was just a little sensitive."