The Meeting

Peyton trudged through the hallways at school, thankful that the school day was over. She juggled her textbooks in one hand and her tennis equipment in the other. Darren jogged up next to her, "hey, if you don't hurry, you'll be late for practice!" before she could reply, he jogged away towards the tennis court. "Don't worry I didn't need help carrying anything!" she called out to him. Darren jogged back to her, taking her tennis bag. "If you're still late, I will hold it against you." He sprinted away. Peyton adjusted her bag and her textbooks in her hand, chuckling at Darren.

Before she realized what was happening, she was on the floor; her books spread out around her. "Ohmygod I'm so sorry!" she heard someone say. Peyton took in her surroundings and clenched her jaw, "does no one know how to walk around here?"

As she picked up her bag, an unfamiliar voice answered her. "I said sorry. Maybe if you took the time to think about someone other than yourself you would have heard my apology." Peyton opened her mouth to give a snarky reply when a feminine hand handed her books to her. Peyton followed the girl's hand up to her face and Peyton's breathe hitched. She looked into honey brown eyes, long eye lashes, soft full lips, complete with soft brown ringlets that feel around her shoulders .Peyton imagined running her fingers through her hair. She swallowed the lump in her throat, being around attractive girls was always a little hard for Peyton ever since she came to terms with her sexuality, but this girl was absolutely breathtaking. Peyton stood up, accepting the books from the girl. Their fingers brushed for a second, sending shivers up and down Peyton's spine. "Say something Peyton! Anything, for the love of God!" she thought to herself.

Peyton stood up opened her mouth but was interrupted by another voice.

"Mackenzie, is she bothering you?" Brittany asked walking up to the pair.

Those honey brown eyes reluctantly left Peyton's and the girl spoke up. "No, just introducing ourselves," she raised an eyebrow at her. Peyton cleared her throat, "Peyton, Peyton King." Brittany tugged on Mackenzie's arm, "let's go, you probably shouldn't be late for your first practice." Brittany passed by Peyton with a sneer but Peyton's attention was on the girl behind her.

"It was nice to meet you, Peyton King," Mackenzie smiled as she was being led away.

Peyton watched the two girls disappear into the gym. Who was she? Peyton didn't know every student at school, but she was sure she'd remember that face, and that body. Peyton shook her head, trying to get rid of that thought. Her eyes went wide, "Omg, I'm so late!" She ran to the other side of the school hoping she didn't have to do laps as punishment.

* * * * *

Peyton finished showering after running laps on the school's field. Coach Davis chewed her out by the time she got to practice. But to Peyton, it was so worth it. She thought back to how just an innocent touch from Mackenzie could make her body feel like it was on fire.

Peyton started putting her underwear and bra on. The only bright side to running laps after practice was that she had the entire change room to herself. Away from nosy eyes and she didn't have to try so hard not to look at the other girls. She walked over to her phone and started playing music. Peyton shimmied into her skirt when "Curious" by Hayley Kiyoko came on. Peyton bobbed her head to the beat of the song, swaying her hips, getting into the groove of the song. Peyton couldn't help but sing along in the second verse. She took her hairbrush and put it up to her mouth acting as a microphone.

Calling me up, so late at night
Are we just friends?
You say you wanted me, but you're sleeping with him
You think of me, I'm what you see
When you look at the sky
I don't believe you
You ain't been loving me right (yeah)