Date Night (Part 2)

[A/N]: the song is called Four Leaf Clover by Christian Hudson, but the video is Ashley Hill's cover.

Logan's lips were soft and her hands were gentle as she caressed Peyton's face. It was more than what Peyton thought her first kiss was going to be like. It was innocent and so perfect that the world around them melted away. Peyton didn't even care about people seeing them or noticing them. This moment was Logan and Peyton's. 

They pulled apart both of them just staring at each other. 

"You're an excellent kisser," Peyton whispered. 

Logan could feel her breathe on her lips, "Peyton, you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." She laughed softly, "if I had known your lips were that soft I would've paid $100 at the kissing booth," she joked. She pulled away reluctantly only because she wasn't sure if she could control herself when she was that close to Peyton. 

Instead, she started packing up the leftover food back into the basket. Peyton stood up to help her fold the blanket. "Take a walk with me through the park?" Logan asked as she put the basket and the blanket back in her trunk. 

Peyton nodded, she would have agreed to go anywhere Logan wanted to go at this point. The girls walked around the park, not holding hands but close enough that their shoulders would brush once in a while.

Logan was the first to break the silence, "you know, now that I think about it, your name is kind of masculine as well."

Peyton laughed, "I was named after my godfather. He's the reason my parents ended up together."

Logan frowned, "your godfather couldn't be Peyton Manning, right?"

"The one and only," she beamed. "He also said that if anyone made fun of me about my name to tell him."

"Little does he know that it's actually you that terrorizes the rest of the school," Logan teased.

"I resent that statement, I'm nice to everyone," Peyton argued.

"The first words you ever said to me was 'does no one know how to walk around here.' So friendly," Logan replied sarcastically.

Peyton cringed, "yeah, about that, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be such a bitch, I was having a bad day."

Logan laughed shaking her head, "believe it or not, it actually made me want to be friends even more."

Peyton smiled at Logan's comment.

"I mean, that, and seeing you dancing and singing half naked to Hayley Kiyoko in the changeroom made me want to be friends."

Peyton shoved her, embarrassed that she remembered that side of her. Logan laughed as she extended her arm, grabbing Peyton's hand so she didn't lose balance.

They walked along the paved sidewalk with their hands intertwined with one another. Peyton couldn't help but smile at the warmth of Logan's hand in hers.

"So what do you want to be when you grow up?" Logan asked, giving Peyton's hand a soft squeeze.

"Grow up?" Peyton repeated, "Logan we're 17. I think it's safe to say we're already grown up."

"Speak for yourself, I turn 18 in a couple weeks, and I don't consider us grown up. I mean, we have to ask our teachers if we could go to the washroom," Logan pointed out.

"Fair point," Peyton conceded. She made a mental note to ask Chloe when Logans birthday was. "But to answer your question, I'm not sure what I want to do after we graduate. I kind of want to travel but at the same time, I want to stay here."