Chapter 1

Dawn's POV

_________________________________________

"Seriously, Dawn, you should lock that dog door." My friend Dusk called to me as he came into my house.

"Well it's not my fault. I trust Lupa, and if anything, you should be watching Thresh more carefully." I retort, saying hello to my friend's black wolf named Thresh.

See, my friend Dusk and I both have Spirit Animals, and we both have wolves. Our wolves are just like us. My wolf, Lupa, is white with blue eyes, resembling my blonde hair and bright topaz eyes. My friend, Dusk's wolf is named Thresh, and he obviously looks like Dusk. Jet-black hair and electric blue eyes.

Nobody knows why we both have Spirit Animals, or why they chose us, or a lot of other things. However, we DO know that if we didn't keep them inside our houses, the government would capture them. Usually they capture Spirit Animals and use them for weapons, or worse, kill them.

And for all you crazy people out there who thinks that we have a psychic link to our wolves or something, let me tell you now. We don't.

"Lupa!" I yelled, "Thresh and Dusk are here!" My wolf came bounding into the kitchen, licking Dusk once before bounding farther into the house with Thresh. "Just don't break anything!!!" I called, and turned to face my friend.

"So nobody filled you here, right?" I ask, and Dusk was about to answer right when we heard pounding at the door.