Miraculous Ladybug: 5

"You and Stephanie did good yesterday. Good job," Adrien said, as if he was congratulating Marinette for winning an award.

"I... Thanks?" Marinette didn't know what to say. What Adrien had said sounded like a lie. It sounded forced.

Soon Stephanie walked in with Nino, chatting about random stuff while Nino just listened.

Ugh! Alya gritted her teeth. I'm so bad at this!

Next came in Chloe. Looking down, she walked up to her seat.

"After what you did, you still get the idea to show your face here?" Someone yelled. Marinette didn't get to know who that person was, but she wished he could stop, because she was getting tired of it.

Chloe didn't say anything. Usually when someone says mean stuff to her, she would reply back with a meaner one. But she kept quiet and sat down.

"Marinette," Alya whispered. "How are you and Adrien doing?"

"What do you mean?" Marinette frowned, inching closer to her friend to hear her.

"Have you two started something new?" Alya laughed. "Or are you two too scared to do so?"

Marinette instantly knew what Alya was talking about, and picking up a book, she hit it on her, not too hard. Alya just laughed it off.

Soon Alya's smile was wiped off, seeing that Stephanie was loudly talking to Nino. Nino would just silently reply or nod, but Stephanie didn't care in the world who heard her as she yelled out questions for Nino to answer.

She's disturbing him, I can see it in Nino's eyes, Alya realized. She sighed, then turned to Stephanie.

"Hey, maybe you wanna keep it down?" Alya acted like she was doing this for the whole class, but really she was doing it just for Nino. "Everyone can hear you, and you're disturbing all of us."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know."

How did you seriously not know? Alya frowned. Whatever.

As Alya turned back to face the front, she could see the little smile Nino had put on his face. She put a smile of her own as well, patting herself at the good job she just did.

-

"Wait up, Marinette!"

Marinette stopped and sighed. Why did it seem like everyone was yelling for her to stop and wait for them whenever class finished?

"Hey, sorry to bother you,"  Stephanie said, catching up, "but I just wanted to ask one question."

"Sure, ask away."

"Does Alya... Like Nino?"

"I..." Marinette frowned. "Maybe you should ask Alya herself."

"So are you saying you don't know?" Stephanie asked. "Come one, she's your best friend. I'm sure she tells you everything."

"Yeah but, why should I tell you?" Marinette turned to walk away. "Ask Alya herself, it's not my place to tell you."

Adrien seemed to have overheard, and he went back to his pal, Nino, who was getting his stuff out if his locker.

"Hey," Adrien patted him on the back. "I wanted to ask a question."

Nino turned to him. "What?"

"Do you like Stephanie?" Adrien waited for his answer. Nino looked surprised at the question.

"What, of course not. I like someone else," Nino whispered. "I only hang out with Stephanie because she's new, not because I like her."

Stephanie had walked in on them, overhearing what Nino had just said.

"The teacher told us to make her feel welcomed so that's what I'm doing," Nino shrugged as if it was no big deal. "A week later, I'm going to stop and start trying to get to my crush. That's what I do with new people."

So he was just around me because I was new, not because he liked me?! Stephanie gritted her teeth and rushed to the bathroom, feeling the tears wet her face.

She noticed someone else there too. "Chloe? That's your name, right?"

Chloe turned to her, and grinned, but it wasn't a normal grin.

"Stephanie, they've hurt you, by giving you the wrong impression," Chloe's eyes seemed to get darker and darker. "Join me and we can get revenge together!"

Chloe? Stephanie gasped. We never defeated her?

- Edited -