Chapter 22

1 month later

Y/N's POV

I've been talking to Dinah for the past couple of days, and something just isn't feeling right.

I mean, I already know that she probably has no clue that I had a drunk one night stand with Normani, but that's really beside the point.

It's as if her energy isn't the same as it was before. She seems kinda...standoffish, and that's not a good sign.

I begin to mentally debate whether I should go to her house after my classes, but then I remember that of anything serious was going on, Kamila would tell me because we have the same class.

I get up out of my bed, shower, and do everything else I normally do in the morning, before grabbing my room key and leaving out of the dorm to go to breakfast.

"Hey you. Wait for me." Elizabeth says, jogging a little to catch up to me.

"Oh, okay." I say, holding the door open for her before walking out of the building and throwing on my jacket.

I go up to the glass to see what we have today, and the main thing that everyone seems to be going for is the French toast. So I get some for myself, along with other things they have before sitting down to eat.

Just when I'm about finished eating, my phone starts going off with messages from my mom. Before I can reply to the messages, she calls me, so I immediately answer. "Hello?"

"Hey, where are you?" She immediately asks.

"Breakfast...are you okay? You sound panicky." I say.

"Can you come down to the police station?"

"Yes, but does this involve the people I feel like it involves?" I ask, curiously.

"Probably so....things are literally going downhill as we speak."

"Shit." I grab my keys and getting up to put my empty plates on the dishwasher. "I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Great. Thanks."

~

I walk in the doors of the police station and I immediately hear someone-- or should I say someones-- yelling in an office at someone.

The receptionist catches sight of me and speaks up. "Are you Y/N?"

"Yes."

"All I'm going to say is that if you're going back there with Normani, good luck." She chuckles.

"Why? Is she angry at someone?"

The receptionist gives me a look. "How about you go see for yourself. I've had enough for today."

"Oh god."

I open the door to the source of the yelling, and an all too familiar voice jumps down my throat. "Oh look who it is. Homewreckers 1 and 2."

That statement makes me do a double take, before looking back at the man I'm unfortunately related to. "Excuse me?"

"I don't believe I stuttered."

"You didn't stutter, but you damn sure aren't talking to me." I say, which gets me a chuckle.

"What if I am? What are you gonna do?"

"Why are you so adamant on ruining everyone else's lives when you fuck up? It's getting tiring."

"The only reason things go downhill for me is because you ruin it! Every relationship I've been in, you somehow ruin it!" Marvin exclaims, slamming his hands on the table.