Chapter 10

No One's POV

Normani busts into the playroom at the back of the police station to see that Alayna is virtually nude with Sammy pressing her petite and fragile figure against the wall, and the sight of Normani makes the girl squirm to try and get out of Sammy's grip. "Mommy....help."

When she says this, Sammy drops her down to the floor, making the young scream in surprise and try to get up; but her feet keep slipping and her equilibrium is off.

Sammy walks over to Normani, pushing her so she stumbles a bit. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm protecting my daughter. Is that a problem?" Normani asks.

"It's a very big problem because you're sticking your nose in business where you don't belong."

"How don't I belong here but I work here? Please elaborate." Normani says, wanting more insight on the younger woman's perspective.

"I didn't see you on that schedule." Sammy says.

"I wasn't on the schedule yesterday, but I came in, so what's your point?"

"My point is that you should stay on your side and I stay on mine." Sammy says.

"You can stay on your side by leaving to go take care of your son."

"You mean our son," Sammy says, before chuckling. "He belongs to Vanessa just as much as he does me, and you don't even care about him. He's asking where his mama is and I can't tell him."

Normani's fists clench. "You're trying me so hard right now...but I'm only sparing you because Alayna is in here."

"Sparing me? You're sparing me?" Sammy says, before starting to laugh. "That's the best one I've heard in while, knowing good and well I could tear you to shreds."

"Can you please leave? That's all I'm asking." Normani says.

"You know what, fine. I'll leave. But only because Alayna is here," Sammy says, picking up her phone and opening the door to walk out. "This isn't over."

"Are you okay baby?" Normani asks, bending over to pick up Alayna.

"Yes mommy, I'm okay." Alayna nods.

"You sure? Do you hurt anywhere?" Normani asks.

"My legs hurt a little and so does my arm, but I'll be okay." Alayna says.

"Alright, well let's go tell mama." Normani says, putting Alayna down as they walk out.

"Mama, I'm good!" Alayna says, running over to Vanessa.

Vanessa's face lights up. "Yay that's great!"

"I think you should take her to the hospital just to make sure." Y/N says.

"I agree," Dinah nods. "We know how sneaky that woman is."

"I know that all too well." Vanessa says.

"I don't want to find out." Y/N chuckles.

"Good, don't," Normani replies, before sighing. "Well, we should get going."

"Okay, nice seeing you." Dinah says, getting up to hug her friend.

"Nice to see you too." Normani says.

They all say their farewells before parting ways.

After they've been driving for a while, Kaylynn speaks up. "Mama?"

"Yes baby?" Vanessa asks, adjusting her mirror.

"What did you mean?"

"Are you talking about when mama was agreeing with your aunt?" Normani asks, looking back as she gets a nod from her daughter.

Vanessa sighs. "...It's a really long story. You'll understand when you get older mija."

"Is that when you'll tell us how you met mommy?" Jaiden asks.

"Um....I'll probably leave that up to her since she's better at explaining things than I am." Vanessa says.

"No, you explain it because I might cry." Normani says, causing a collective gasp.

"Mommy you cry?" Noah asks.

Normani laughs, ruffling her youngest son's curls. "Yeah baby, mommy cries every now and then just like you do."

"Oh wow." Jaiden says.

They take Alayna to the hospital and get every test available done, despite her protests of being perfectly fine. Their parents make their way there as they hear the news of Alayna being admitted for overnight observation along with Y/N and Dinah stopping by before going home.

~

Dinah's POV

I'm just having a casual conversation with Y/N on my couch about any and everything that we want to talk about, which is kind of cool because nothing is weird and almost nothing is off limits. "Have you ever thought about having kids?"

She doesn't reply to me, so I look over at her to see her staring right back at me. "Oh, what'd you say?"

"I asked have you ever thought about having kids." I say.

"With you?" She asks, her eyes widening.

"No, not right now anyways." Y/N visibly relaxes, placing her hand on her chest.

"Don't scare me like that ever again." Y/N says, making me laugh.

"I'm sorry, it was just a question."

"An unexpected question," Y/N chuckles, gently grabbing my hand before looking back up at me. "To answer your question though; I've considered it, never really thought about it...I assume you have."

"Yeah....I'd like to have at least one kid to keep me company, but I don't think they would need 7 siblings like I have." I chuckle.

"If I had 8 kids I would die. I wouldn't have a life." Y/N says.

"I agree, my mom stays home and my dad works," I say. "I want kids, but I'm not really sure how I would make it work right now."

"I'm the same way," Y/N says. "I just have to wait for the right time and find the right person."

"The right person?" I ask, looking up at her.

"Yes," She says, pulling me closer so she can put her arm around me. "Someone like you."

"Like me?" I ask, looking at her confused.

"Yes, someone exactly like you," Y/N says. "Someone who cares for their friends and family more than themselves. Someone who walks down the street and makes people's heads turn because of her confidence. Someone who knows how to make their significant other feel special and doesn't go around to everything that walks. That is you miss Dinah Jane."

"I appreciate the flattery; but...you're a girl just like I am, and there's no way for you to have kids so I don't know why we're even having this conversation."

"Says who?"

————————————————————

I hope that chapter was good enough. I'm trying not to include Normani and Vanessa so much that it overpowers the story, but enough for it to relate back to Dinah.

Tell me what you think should happen next! 15 votes and 10 comments for the next chapter. 🤗

-C ☺️💗