Chapter 5

Dinah's POV

I'm laying on my bed with Y/N heavy on my mind. She says we aren't together, but she'll say she loves me before switching back to the platonic front she's been putting on. I'm not sure which one to believe, but I'm really hoping that she's not playing me the way I feel that she is.

Normani is over at my house trying to help me get my mind right, but it's just not working, "I don't know what else to do Mani...."

"Just chill out and let it be." Normani says.

"How? This is something serious we're talking about." I say.

"Dinah, are you two even dating?" Normani chuckles.

"Gee thanks." I say, getting up off my bed and going in my kitchen to find something to eat.

"Wait, that probably sounded insensitive." Normani says.

I take the cereal box down out of the pantry and put it down on the island. "You think so?" I ask with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"Ha, you're funny," Normani says. "But really, do you think she feels the same way about this as you do?"

"Honestly, I don't know." I shrug, pouring my cereal before putting it back up in the pantry and getting the milk out.

"Why don't you ask her?" Normani asks.

I look at her like she's gone crazy. "Are you insane?"

"No, but I figured that the only way to get the answers you're asking for is to ask yourself." Normani shrugs.

"I understand what you're saying, but this is Y/N we're talking about. I can't just go up to her and ask does she have a crush on me or not." I say, putting the milk back in the fridge.

"It's not "do you have a crush on me," per se....it's more of "do you see a future with me?" Or something along the lines of that." Normani says.

"If I ask her that, then she'll know that I'm actually pursuing her." I say.

"Isn't that what you want her to think?" Normani asks.

"No, because then she'll think she can string me along for as long as she wants to and I'll still be here. No, I'm not up for that."

"I feel like she's just making sure that you aren't leaving her high and dry, because she sounds like she's been through that before." Normani says.

"Who's side are you on woman?" I chuckle.

"No no, no sides," Normani laughs. "I'm just saying though. She doesn't sound like someone who would just start dating someone to fill a void."

"Maybe you're right...." I say.

"Well, I'm going home to see my mom now. I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, I'll see you later."

"Alright then."

Normani's POV

I have an idea on how to get Dinah and Y/N to come together. I'm not sure how it's going to work though because they both sound very stubborn.

I call Y/N as soon as I get in the house because she tends to be easier to reach. My instincts are confirmed when she answers on the second ring. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Mani."

"Yes, I'm aware," She says.

"Why so cocky?" I ask.

"I'm not being cocky, I just said I knew who I was talking to," Y/N says. "What's so important that made you call me?"

"Oh so I can't just check on you? I feel offended." I say, placing my hand over my heart.

Y/N laughs. "No no, that's not the way I meant to come across, like at all. I was just wondering why you called."

"Oh, well I was also wondering if you're busy today." I say.

"What time are we talking?" Y/N asks.

"5." I say.

"Nah, I'm busy. I'm free tomorrow at 6 though." Y/N says.

"Oh great, that works out too." I shrug.

"Why, what's happening?" She asks, curiously.

"Just a lounge day at my house. Watch a few movies, maybe my friends will come."

I am going to be in so much trouble.

"Oh, okay. That sounds fun." Y/N says.

"Yeah, I figured you'd think it was kind of fun." I chuckle.

"So you said 6, correct?" Y/N asks.

"Yes, 6pm." I say.

"Cool, I'll see you then." Y/N says, before hanging up.

I then call Dinah to tell her.

She isn't as easy to reach though. I have to call her about 5 times before she answers. "Hello?"

"Hey DJ." I say.

"Yo," Dinah says. "Wassup Mani?"

"Wanna come over for movies?" I ask.

"Today?" She asks.

"No, tomorrow." I say.

"Okay, good. Because if you meant today, I was going to be upset because I'd need someone to watch my baby brother." Dinah says.

"Nah, I wouldn't do that to you." I say. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Sounds good, see you then." Dinah says, before hanging up.

I have no clue what I'm getting myself into.

————————————————————

This chapter took so long. 😩 Mainly because my ideas on this book are slim to none. Then again, deleting entire books aren't in my repertoire. Comment ideas because I'm badly in need of them, and also vote if you liked it. 🤗

-C ☺️💗