TWELVE

"Hello?"

I gulped. Everything I had rehearsed flew out the window and instead I said, "Knock knock."

There was a long pause on the other end of the phone. I started to worry that she had hung up. "Excuse me?"

"Um, knock knock?"

"Do I know you?"

I didn't know if she knew me or not. So I said, "The answer to all questions is inside the joke."

Lakyn scoffed. "Fine. Who's there?"

I said the first thing that came to mind. "Etch."

I looked over at Carson for a brief second, but was just in time to see him roll his eyes as he played out the joke in his head.

"Etch who?"

I answered in a small voice. "Bless you?"

Lakyn was not laughing on her end of the phone. "Who are you?" she demanded.

"Got her location," Sarah whispered.

"I'm still trying to figure that out myself," I told Lakyn, and then I hung up.

Carson snorted. "You did not just end a phone call like that."

"I really did," I groaned, hiding my face in the pillow in front of me.

I heard somewhat of a snicker come from Sarah, but when I turned to look at her, she had a serious expression on her face as if it never happened. That, of course, made me question my sanity. Sarah typed a little bit more on her computer. "I got the address."

"What is it?" Carson and I said in synchronization.

"7525 Sunset Boulevard. Hollywood."

"Great," I groaned. "How are we going to get there?"

Carson looked at me. "I have a car."

"Hollywood is, like, fifteen hours away from here. We don't have the cash, or the time for that."

Sarah spoke then, quiet enough that I had to strain my ears to hear her. "I know where Josie's secret stash is."