115

June age 21-22

Eddie flinched awake in the middle of the night, cold sweat running down his spine, making his skin go on goosebumps. He blinked the tears away from his eyes and wrapped his arms around his torso. He looked behind him to see Richie sleeping peacefully, breathing thickly. Richie's other leg was bent over the cover, which was revealing his chest and a little bit of his hip. Eddie sighed. He hated waking Richie up because of his nightmares. He hated it ever since they were kids.

Eddie let out a small whimper and got out of bed, tip toeing to the bathroom, Gatsby waking up immediately and running after his favorite owner. It was no secret how the pets divided onto their own sides. Pup was always with Richie and Gatsby enjoyed spending his time with Eddie.

He got to the bathroom and splashed some water onto his warm face, which was flushed red and covered in small dried out tear trails. Eddie rapidly wiped his face, trying to get rid of any evidence that he's been crying. He knew that once Richie would find out that he has been crying, he'd ask what's wrong until Eddie would come out clear. It was sweet, but sometimes really irritating.

Eddie shut the faucet and sat on the toilet's lid, placing his wet hands on his shaking thighs, trying to get some cooling on them. Summer nights were driving him crazy. But as he was sliding his hands over his thighs, a few tears dropped from his eyes. Eddie didn't even notice he had started to cry and breathe heavily until he heard a raspy voice from the door.

"Eds? You okay?"

Eddie looked up at his fiance and stopped rubbing his thighs. God Eddie hated himself at that moment.

"I-I'm okay" Eddie said weakly and got up drying his hands. He tried to get pass Richie, but the other wouldn't let him.

"Woah, woah, woah! You're crying like hell. What's the matter?" Richie put both of his hands on Eddie's shoulders and brought him closer.

"Really Richie...I'm alright" Eddie tried to assure but in all those 19 years of being best friends with Eddie, his current fiance, he knew him better than that. And right now he knew that Eddie was lying.

"C'mon" Richie said and led Eddie back to their room, being careful not to step on Gatsby who was running around their feet.

"I just got hot" Eddie sniffled.

"You got hot pretty much about eight years ago" Richie slightly kissed the back of Eddie's head and then spun him around and pushed him back on the bed. "Will ya tell me what's bothering you...or do I have to force it out of you?"

Eddie gave Richie a hesitant look, but that frown was washed off from his face soon enough when Richie dug his fingers in Eddie's ribs, tickling him. Eddie let out a loud giggle, probably waking their neighbors.

"Well? Are ya telling me or do I have to keep tickling you, my kind sir?" Richie grinned while climbing on top of Eddie and straddling his hips so Eddie couldn't move.

"Alright, alright!" Eddie laughed and pushed Richie off with his tiny hands. Richie got off of Eddie and sat next to the love of his life.

"Tell me" Richie grabbed Eddie's hands and traced his thumbs over his knuckles.

Eddie let out a breathy sigh and looked down at their hands. "I'm seeing those nightmares again"