83

the chapter we've all been waiting for (maybe)

october    age 16-17

the following monday was awkward.
for eddie and richie at least.

eddie sat on the lunch table, trying to avoid richie's gaze. and he would be lying if he said it wasn't difficult. because it really was. especially when richie had eddie pressed down against the counter a couple days ago. eddie could still feel richie's lips on his and he didn't want to lose that feeling.

his mother had forbid him from talking to richie. of course eddie was going to talk to richie anyways...right? at least that's what he thought, until he realized sonia would find out. she's apart of the school's parents' association. she'd find out easily.

eddie didn't want to take that risk. maybe sonia would made eddie move across the country and he'd never see richie again.

eddie snapped out of his thoughts, bringing his gaze up from his food to look at richie, who immediately looked away.

"should we go camping?" mike suddenly asked.

everyone got quiet.

"on october? mike, it's pretty cold out there" bev shivered at the thought of cold wind.

"nonsense. it's the perfect weather. not too hot, not too cold. c'mon. halloween is coming up in two weeks. we could tell ghost stories and really get into the mood" mike suggested, looking around the table. "well? anyone?"

"i've always wanted to go camping" ben shrugged. bev sighed frustrated. "fine. but only because ben's coming"

"great! how about stan and bill? richie and eddie?"

"yeah sure sure" stan shook his hand towards the others while trying to aim pieces of a candy bar into bill's mouth.

the others looked at them a bit weirded out. "right...so how about richie and eddie? you two in?"

"when should we go?" eddie asked.

"this friday?" mike asked.

"yeah, i'm free" richie said.

"i'm free too" eddie sighed. "but I'm only coming because ben makes the best smores"

"dude, smores are just chocolate and a marshmallow between two cookies. who couldn't make them?" richie chuckled a little.

eddie gave him a weird look, richie lifting his brow in a questioning way.

"so everyone's coming. this is fantastic. now we have to share tents" mike clapped his hands. "Ben and bev are probably in the same tent"

bev nodded and kissed ben's cheek, the other blushing a bit.

"and stan and bill?" mike lifted a brow.

neither of the boys replied, while they giggled as a piece of the candybar bounced against stan's forehead.

"guys!" bev exclaimed harshly, stan and bill flinching and looked at the others. "what?"