8

9. November ❀  age 6

It was Eddie's turn to turn 6. 

"Happy birthday to my favorite human being on this planet, I hope you have amazing day" Richie announced on the Kaspbrak's door step and gave Eddie the present he hoped for. 

Ice cream soda. 

"You got me what I wanted" Eddie squealed and pulled Richie for a hug with his other free hand. "Thank you, Rich" 

"don't call me, rich" 

"If you call me eds, then-" 

"Oh I see how it is. But look, the thing is that I can call you eds and eddie spaghetti, but you can't call me anything else than Richie" 

"I hate you" Eddie mumbled, slight smirk on his pink lips. He took the straw between them and slurped from the ice cream soda. His eyes rolled back as he enjoyed the chilled taste of chocolate ice cream soda. 

He let the straw swirl away from his lips as he swallowed and looked at richie. "This tastes so fantastic" 

Richie grinned and shuffled his hands behind his back. "That's not the only thing I got you" he said and took out something, what eddie couldn't quite catch what it was. The only thing he saw was the golden color glow on the sun light. Richie reached his hands over Eddie's head and placed the thing on Eddie's brown hair. 

Richie pulled the rubber band under Eddie's chin and let it go, the band softly snapping against Eddie's chin. 

"Richie, take it off, please. I look ridiculous" Eddie pouted and crossed his arms. 

Richie giggled as he looked at his best friend, who had one of those paper birthday hats on his head. 

"You look cute, eds" Richie smiled and pinched Eddie's cheek. "cute, cute, cute

"Stop that! You know I hate that" Eddie pushed Richie's hand away and took the hat off. 

Richie frowned, yet he still had a visible smirk on his lips. "Fine, eddie. You don't have to wear that...even though it's your other birthday present, but there's this other thing too" 

Eddie's attention was all Richie's now. "What? I only hoped for an ice cream soda." 

"I know, but I gotchu a...well I don't know how to call it" Richie shrugged and handed Eddie a piece of paper, where was text on it. Richie's hand writing. 

I, Richie Tozier, promise to be Eddie's best friend as long as there's air in me and as long as my heart beats. I promise to be with him in school and I promise never to abandon him. 

signed by Richard Tozier 

Eddie eyes tingled with small tears, but he sucked the back in. He looked up at Richie, who had a bright red color painted across his freckled cheeks. 

"Richie.." Eddie breathed out. 

"I know you were scared that we wouldn't be friends anymore, so there's con-tract...mom helped writing it."