32

May age 11 -12

"come on eddie, you're making this so much harder than it is" stanley groaned.

"shut up shut up shut up!" eddie cried out and gripped the bike steering wheel harder. "i'm trying!"

"who 11 year old doesn't know how to ride a bike?" stan chuckled a bit.

"shut up Stan!" richie yelled at stan, who was few meters away from richie and eddie. the smaller boy was sitting on the bike, keeping his other leg on the ground whilst richie held onto eddie's waist and the rack.

"okay, eds, just look at stan when you pedal. don't look at the ground cause then you'll lose your balance, okay? i'll be right behind you if you fall" richie said to eddie, who took a deep breath and nodded.

"okay, ready?" richie asked, moving his other hand from eddie's waist to the rack. the chocolate eyed boy nodded and slowly began pedaling, the bike wobbling from side to side.

"shit shit shit shit" eddie repeated on the street where he used to live.

"y-you can duh-do ih-it eh-eh-eddie" bill cheered from the side.

richie began letting go of the rack, smiling as eddie was now cycling on his own.

"richie don't let go don't let go" eddie hiccuped. he was riding richie's bike on his own now, with his own balance, but as he heard richie's reply "you're doing great eds" coming from far back, he panicked.

"richie!" eddie yelped, before the bike wobbled and then fell on it's side, eddie's other leg trapping under it. "ffffuck!"

richie gasped and almost had a heart attack as he saw eddie laying on the ground, bike halfway on top of him.

"oh-ohmygod!" bill choked out and glanced at stan who had just as shocked expression as him.

"eddie?" richie kneed next to the shaking boy, who had got on his elbows. "fuck, i'm sorry"

richie carefully moved the bike off of eddie's leg. the injured one hissed in pain and gripped his knee. "ow..."

"I'm sorry, i'm so sorry" richie repeated as it was some kind of mantra.

"let me see it" stan said from above them. eddie carefully turned on his other side, the outer side of his leg turned to stan, who scrunched his nose as he saw the small bloody, red scratches made by the concrete and a nice welling bruise on his knee.

"how bad is it?" richie asked from stan, who kneed down also. "I'm not a doctor, but we should clean these up and put something cold onto the knee"

"yeah" richie nodded and helped eddie up. "come on, let's fix you up"

"bill, can we use your bathroom?" richie asked, while taking eddie to his piggyback ride.

"suh-sure" bill nodded and led them to his front door step. stan took richie's bike and leaned it against the porch.

"I can walk on my own, rich" eddie whispered.

"i know, but i want to carry you" richie said as they entered bill's house. "also it's my fault you fell"

"no it's not..." eddie mumbled.