51

march age 14 -15

"for my lady" richie smiled and bowed as betty walked through the harvest doors. the brunette giggled and curtsied as she walked in from the door, waiting then for richie to come after her.

"when did you become such a gentleman?" betty asked as she and betty walked to their usual booth by the window which was facing the park.

"i think the real question is, when did you start paying attention to my sophisticated manners, future ms Tozier" richie said in a british way, but not quite. betty blushed. "did you just pre-propose?"

"I shall leave that on your opinion" richie smirked and reached for betty's hand over the table.

but betty noticed something. it wasn't like it was before. ever since...november, richie's been acting weird. like right now, he was holding hands as to...still make sure betty was there and that she wasn't just a shallow. like richie didn't really want to hold betty's hand but had to make sure like no demons took her. also, richie didn't kiss betty that often either. they were like these small pecks, but not like it was before.

see, the thing is, both of them knew they weren't gonna last for very long, but they enjoyed their time together and when they did break up, neither of them were going to enjoy it, since they likes hanging out with each other. they likes each other as human beings, but they weren't sure was it enough to love someone forever.

but who knows. maybe betty will be richie's chosen one and vice versa. who knows?

"what are you getting?" betty asked, squeezing richie's hand and looking at him.

"a milkshake and fries, because that sounds delicious. you?"

"nuggets and a coke?" betty lifted a brow.

"see, I was going for that, but then I didn't" richie smiled a little. "you just get me, ripsom"

"you're my boyfriend, of course I get you, silly" betty sent an air kiss to the boy in front of him, who played to catch it.

and somehow, it reminded him of eddie. they always did that. always. richie always sent air kisses to his best friend and the other would play to catch it and send one back. it was their thing. just like going to the arcade, even though eddie hated video games. also sharing fries at harvest. playing with cars, richie with a blue one and eddie with a red one. them having sleepovers in the same bed, holding hands.

"rich?"

richie snapped out of his thoughts looking back at betty who had a hesitant look on her face. "you spaced out...again"

"woah, sorry. I slept...badly. I don't know...must've been a bad dream or something" richie shook his head and pulled his hand back.

"you could stay over at my place" betty suggested but richie shook his head.

"I gotta drop by eddie's"

he had no idea why he said that. he didn't need to see- wait no, yes he did. he needed to see eddie. he wanted to make sure he was alright and nothing would've happened to him.

"alright, yeah...sure" betty shrugged.

"how about tomorrow?" richie asked.