35

January age 12

"wanna play dungeons and dragons?" richie suggested and looked at stanley from across the table.

"the fuck is that?" stan asked, the dim light of the kitchen making a shadow fall over his face.

"you don't know what dungeons and dragons is?" richie gasped and almost spilled his hot chocolate.

"is that like a sex position or...?" stan asked making richie laugh. "you're always such a tease with me"

"i hate you so much. it sounds like a weird foreplay" stan said.

"it can be if you want" richie winked.

"ohmygod, back off. you like betty" stan groaned and made richie go quiet. "whatever! ugh, what's taking eddie so long?"

"that's what we're waiting? eddie told me he can't come" stan said. richie furrowed his brows. "what? why'd he tell that to you? i'm his best friend"

"that's not the point who he told, the point is, that he's not coming and we have to go just the two of us to the Arcade" stan groaned and stood up.

"was this part of your wet dream too? hm? us going on a date?" richie smirked and flung an arm over stan's shoulder. the curly haired beauty let out a whine and whipped his head to richie. "the dream wasn't of you! it was of bill"

the boy with the glasses went quiet, staring into stanley's scared eyes.

"bill...denbrough?" richie asked.

"who else bill do we know?" stan huffed and broke his eye contact with richie and began pulling his shoes on.

"so you...had a dream where you..."

"kissed bill, yeah. look, it's not even a big deal"

"why'd you lie about it then if it's not a big deal?" richie asked, smirking a little.

"bill is...he's...he'd get flustered if I just said I made out with him"

"so it...it was a make out? with tongue?" richie chuckled.

"No! what? did I say that?" stan blushed. "it was just a kiss, okay? don't tell anyone"

"i won't tell about your 'not a big deal' dream" richie promised. "but I can't promise that I won't tell edd-"

"you're not telling anyone" stan gripped richie's collar a bit.

"woah, okay, uris. calm down" richie smiled and stanley let go of him. "I don't want it to be weird with me an bill"

"it was just a dream"

"exactly. it was...a dream" stan blushed. "and I guess it'll always stay as a dream"

and that's when richie's jaw dropped to the floor, making stan shift on his feet. "should we go?"

"wait wait wait...are you saying what I think you're saying?" richie asked and put on his shoes.